Agnostic.com

9 0

say something original and wise.

hankster 9 Sep 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The main problem you are having is that you are her mother. Relatives, it seems, do not know anything, it takes a person who is not known by a person to give them real information. Thus you cannot get past this and get her to do what is correct. I listen to, watch, and wonder why people will not do something that is free that will save their lives. Lies have to much power and I would think that her friends have too much control over what she has access to. All you can do is what you can do, do not feel bad if it does not work, getting to her, hopefully one of her friends will get the virus and she will see for herself that it is a serious matter that she can do something about. I hope she stays safe and well.

not really man. sometimes "real info. or insight" often comes from those who know us best.

@hankster Of course it does, but most people do not believe something said that is different than what they have already invested in.

@dalefvictor true.

Yesterday I texted my daughter to break a weeklong silence. We had argued about her refusal to get the COVID-19 vaccine. I refuse to visit her until she gets the vaccine.

We fought, we struggled, we hurt each other, so what? That’s what love is, I think. It’s all of it. Tears, anger, joy, struggle. Mostly, it’s durable. It lasts. Never once, in all of it, did I stop loving you. Love is what remains.

"I agree with you about love," Claire replied. "I love you, Mom."

Wisdom comes from the knowledge derived from information. If you have none of these ask an expert.

If one person says it, its called a lie, if a million people say it, its called culture.

if two discuss it, a conspiracy?

@hankster Could be.

"something original and wise" - well, you did ask me to say it!

Every bit of dogma, was once an original thought.

The more you know about something, the harder it is to explain it to someone else.

no doubt.

Ice cream has no bones.

Originality is almost impossible to come by in our well documented world.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:624608
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.