Agnostic.com

2 4

Today i got a call from my CPAP supplier that my recalled Phillips model will be replaced! Been waiting since the recall notice went out in May! (Foam insulation used for sound-damping was crumbling& was carcinogenic...blows right into your sinuses at 15 psi all nite.....sounds great when your other choice is no sleep whatsoever, right?)
Millions of units were recalled........if you have't got the call yet, i expect you soon will!
Note: i watched a couple Youtube videos about removing the foam myself....they buried it at the very bottom of the unit! I had no doubt i could get it apart, but Serious doubts about reassembly, and then of course, "no new one for you".

AnneWimsey 9 Sep 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I need to have one replaced, do they know who has what or do I have to go and tell them? It seems to me that the last parts I got were made poorly as they immediately came apart. I fixed them so I could sleep, but I am sure I am not getting what I should as far as sleep is concerned.

Mine (both of them Phillips) were really well-made quality devices, the unfortunate foam was IMO glitch, in fact I have heard that really only people who used ultrasonic cleaning "baths" had problems. I just use the sink to soak it!
Mine came through my doctor's referral (Rx needed!) to a local-ish company that supplies them & needed parts for later...you have to go in person for the headgear/facial apparatus fitting & to have the air pressure set as per your sleep lab results.

Recall Instructions: We registered on their website, that's why I got the call. Entered the number on the bottom & it told you immediately if your particular one was involved...most were........
I do not remember the addy of the website but I bet if you Googled "Phillips CPAP recall" it would pop right up! Do it Now, I hope it isn't too late!

@AnneWimsey Thanks for the information and the links as I tried them and found that I am not affected by the recall. I have a machine that is not on the list. Again Thanks.

@dalefvictor 🙂

Happy you're Finally getting your new CPAP..but upset that it took this long.

With the literally Millions of units that are involved, I am actually pleasantly surprised (under the pandemic & all) that it only took 6 months.....
I tried sleeping without it, propped up on pillows, that lasted 2 Gawdawful nights, I said I would rather die of brain cancer 20 years from now than"live" feeling like this.
Plus, the Congestive Heart Failure will get me first anyway, so there's always a bright side!

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:625545
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.