Agnostic.com

9 28

After being unemployed for almost 2 years, i recently started a new job in in the much dreaded retail industry. It isn't my dream job- not by a long shot- but from what i can tell so far, if you have to work in retail there's no better place than Target! Their starting wage is $15 per hour, and they are dedicated to diversity and inclusiveness. It's a laid back environment, with none of the corporate bullshit. Each cashier is emboldened with the power to change prices when something is marked incorrectly without having to turn on a light and wait for some higher up to come approve it. They also have void power if something needs to be removed. I wish more employers would realize that when you take care of employees, they take care of the business. I'm still searching for an opening into my dream job, but until that comes, this seems to be a pretty good gig!

JonnaBononna 7 Oct 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

That's good to know! Kauai is getting our first Target store here opening next week and hopefully they will be able to fill all the positions needed. I'm glad you think it's a good place to work for now!

Congrats sounds good

bobwjr Level 10 Oct 17, 2021

I do most of my shopping at Target. I only go other places for things Target doesn't carry.

Happy for you!!😎

What great news, congratulations! Working somewhere that you're respected makes all the difference.

Absolutely. My last job was at a corporate hotel, and it was absolutely toxic. Our front office director actually told people, "If you're on time, you're late. If you're early you're on time." She would walk right past a front line employee to a supervisor and ask the supervisor to convey a message to the employee she just walked past! I legit needed therapy when I left that place.

@JonnaBononna That's reprehensible behavior, and the only purpose is to subjugate people. I've always loved Target in part because the employees never have that beat down, pushed-too-far look. A lot of them are even happy. I'm wishing you the happiness part. 🙂

You have a great attitude and that will help you everywhere. I hope your dream job opens up soon.

Congratulations! 🥂

Congrats !!!!! This is wonderful !
Very happy to read this ♥️🙌♥️

I'm glad you are gainfully employed and I hope you'll be happy working for Target.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:628623
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.