Agnostic.com

7 0

What made you question?

Go through watching Fight Club Mae Young age against the question my Society, more importantly my religion. Do you remember the first time we truly question your belief in a higher power?

MiguelM 4 Apr 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

When my parish priest started telling us we should vote for anti-abortion candidates even though those candidates stood against basically everything Jesus ever said, I walked away from the Catholic church for good. It took a while, but that was the kicker that got me thinking critically about religions and the beliefs they espouse. Once I started down that path, it inevitably led to the conclusion that they're all fiction. Comforting fiction, perhaps, but fiction nevertheless.

Yes, when I saw my dad eating the cookie on christmass eve, I knew then that the god stuff was way more over the top than Santa claus The easter bunny I lost when I wet my first diaper. God , oh well , Santa was much more important than god, Santa actually delivered every year and god did not.

EMC2 Level 8 Apr 23, 2018

I never had a belief in a higher power and always questioned claims about the supernatural.

I never questioned it.
Obviously ridiculous.

As soon as I understood that it is pretty much a lottery on where you were born as to what religion you inherited made me question. I understood that at an early age children born into “the wrong religion” were going to hell and all religions believe others to be in the wrong religion. Just made me realize that no one can know who follows the right religion, if anyone.

I’m a space monkey ?.
“We are God’s unwanted children, so be it.” -Tyler Durden

This was a big factor for me as well. Everyone seems to be believe that their religion is the one true faith, when it's really just an accident of birth.

Love the fight club reference!

MiguelM, I was fortunate to be raised by an Atheist and an Agnostic Jew. They argued a lot which was funny because they were basically on the same side. 😉 I'd imagine it's very tough to tell religious parents you are a nonbeliever.

I think I've always been agnostic at the least, but was pretending to believe to fit in.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:62895
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.