Agnostic.com

1 0

Temple of Solomon was built in his honor. Did he really existed?

SonnyMlaPH 7 Oct 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I think historians accept that King Soloman existed, but the criteria for historians to affirm that someone existed is based on the way people wrote about that person. If people wrote about a person as an actual person and there is no other evidence to suggest that the person didn't exist, historians will by default accept them as being real people. Since the Bible says Jesus lived, historians, on the whole, except that he did and the same would be true of Solomon. This doesn't mean we should accept their methodology on this, but I understand why they have to.

oh, God! you gave me the knockout punch too early, bro!

But you really said quite a mouthful there - the historians' methodology? by default? ergo! that's it !

. . . who are the historians, anyway? who are the authorities anyway? They just ram the stories down our throats as gospel truths! gospel truth? oooops!

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:629
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.