Agnostic.com

3 6

LINK Senate Democrats ditch Hyde amendment for first time in decades | TheHill

Senate Democrats on Monday for the first time in decades left out an amendment from their annual government funding bills that blocks people from using Medicaid or other federal health programs to cover abortion services.

(I suspect they dropped it to use as a bargaining chip with republicans.)

snytiger6 9 Oct 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

One of the few issues I agree with the democrats on but that doesn’t mean I’m going to start voting for those looney idiots.

This also touches on a larger idea for our time; rethinking the purpose of human life. Is it just about reproduction anymore? Since that can be done in a test tube I would think not (oops, I've disappeared again). Maybe liberal reply to the gQp furor, which is expected, should not be about abortion, really, but about human purpose. Women find it much harder to access opportunity because of this issue and, since opportunity is of greater importance than ever and abundant if seeded well (haha), that derails the pathetic decades old arguments. Let's make the argument that humans have stumbled upon knowledge which now gives us a new purpose. Healers and better caretakers of Earth. Population limits are part of that responsibility so will be addressed in our new politics.

'bout fucking time. We don't fight so-called pro-life arguments by agreeing and complying with them. Take an opposing stance and say why. Then, when in power, take your own medicine.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:629100
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.