Agnostic.com

2 1

Brothers and Sisters

Who here has a memory you shared with an older or younger sibling when you were kids?

I remember when I was a kid, I was like the devil child. Running away, hiding, loud, throwing up. My older sister was like a little angel, she was quiet, polite, had manners, etc.

When we were both around 12-13 we basically did a switch. I started acting responsibly, logically and with impeccable manners. My sister went through her rebellious phase with my parents and a lot of stuff happened.

Now things are pretty even and level between my family.

But I remember funny times when I was a kid with my sister.
My mum told me that apparently my sister used to dress me up in dresses and other costumes when I was a toddler.
I remember when my sister took up all the space in the bathroom which meant I had to brush my teeth in a 0.5m x 1m washroom.
I remember when my sister jumped on my head and cracked my skull.
Or when I accidentally kicked a soccer ball in her face and I was begging her not to tell mum and dad (I was already on thin ice for something else I did).

The last and best one was our deaf dog. He had never barked in the 7 years we had him. But one night when I took him out to watch my sister practice netball scoring, he would bark every time she shot for goal. It was amazing. He has never barked since.

So, who else has some fun sibling stories?
Stuff that at the time was scary or stressful but when you look back on it, it was fun and exciting.

Lancer 7 Dec 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Last year I told my niece that she should ask her mother the story of the cutting board and the saucepan. My niece is a 13 year old only child and was talking about her friends with siblings. I mostly wanted to see if my sister remembered the story, but my grandmother was visiting from India and the parents weren't home. I have no idea what started the "encounter" but my older sister(16) was chasing me around with a saucepan and dented it to the point of destruction with my skull. I (11) grabbed the cutting board and shattered into splinters with hers. This entire time, my grandmother was chasing us around the house, yelling and trying to be between us. I am so happy neither of us hit grandma. My niece texted me when she got home to confirm the details her mother had given her. No one know what started it and it is the only time I hit her and the only time she hit me after I learned to speak(She was a jealous 5 year old when I was born).

You reminded me of one thing with my younger brother, I spent a lot of time telling him to quit crying so mom and dad wouldn't hear.
He grew up to be an asshole, I wonder if that had anything to do with it. 😉

People are who they are as a result of their experiences. I doubt you caused it but it might've been a really small factor.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:6296
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.