Agnostic.com

1 1

Roll up, roll up! Going cheap. Starving Afghanistan girl babies..

I've just been devastated to learn via Australian SBS that, with winter rapidly approaching, some 22 million Afghanistan people are in danger of starving to death.
As a consequence, and the baby price is likely to go down, babies are been sold for $400. The proceeds then being used to purchase food for the remaining family. The baby transfers to the buyer when it can walk.

[wfp.org]

FrayedBear 9 Oct 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Yes it was on the BBC news last night too, made my friend cry.

I'm not surprised. It's a disgrace & probably more evidence that πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ was only there to rape & pillage for its own benefit.

@FrayedBear it is definitely tragic. I think we should have made a strong retaliatory strike and left immediately.

Please tell me how long it would take and what we could have done differently that would have made Afghanistan a safer kinder place.

@Lorajay Afghanistan has been sytematically f####d up by the Saudies, the west and the old Soviet Union, with a little help from China and the UN in general, and a lot of help from the Prophet of Mecca for the last century. It is a first class example of what the international community and religion can acheive when they really fail together. Sadly the little girls who are sold to old men, for forced marriage to their grandsons when they are twelve, are perhaps the lucky ones, not all of the buyers will honour even that much of the bargin.

@Lorajay the same as Vietnam. If the billions had been spent on the people, housing, education, sustainabe employment, health & hospitals, roads, bridges, irrigation for food, rather than weapons. That way the Taliban would have had a harder task.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:630293
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.