Agnostic.com

5 10

I think that this is sometimes real instead of a cartoon.

Lorajay 9 Nov 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Certainly true about Mormons, I know four ex-mo bishops, all of them claimed that once you reach the level of bishop it is explained in vague terms to you that the whole church is basically a "Well meaning" con, but that the church being a "good thing" it is worth keeping up the pretense.
Those who are willing to go along with that are expected to make the church their career, progressing to stake level, area 70s and eventually general authority (though it is worth noting that only one person who was not a geriatric, white male, born and raised in the United states has ever made it to 1st presidency level and he was a blond haired blue eyed German air force colonel).
Those who are not willing to go along with the con are asked to make an oath of secrecy or these days sign a NDA and either step down as Bishop and remain a member or leave the church all together.
However one chap I know did make it all the way to being a member of the first 70 and so went through second anointing (Mormon super baptism) which once given forgives all sins including those you have not even committed yet, guarantees you a place in Mormon third heaven (the bestest of the best heavens) and makes you "immune" from excommunication.
So when he did go apostate and anti-mo the church was stuck with him and when he refused to resign tried to change the rules. However other second anointed apostles refused to allow the change in case it effected them directly.

Probably

Sounds like a good candidate to contact the Clergy Project for clergy members who have lost their faith, but can't find a way out of the church.
[clergyproject.org]

"You will feel better when we empty the collection."

They all probably think that.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:631798
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.