Agnostic.com

5 6

Interesting piece with LOTS of research
by Andre Lieven from Ottawa ON (on Quora)

HOW BAD WOULD OUR MORALITY BE WITHOUT GOD?

Here’s your fucking god’s morality right here:

Kill People Who Don’t Listen to Priests (Deuteronomy 17:12 NLT)

Kill Witches (Exodus 22:17 NAB)

Kill Homosexuals (Leviticus 20:13 NAB)

Kill Fortunetellers (Leviticus 20:27 NAB)

Kill Children Who Hit Mom or Dad (Exodus 21:15 NAB)

Kill Children Who Curse Parents (Proverbs 20:20 NAB) (Leviticus 20:9 NLT)

Kill Adulterers (both of them) (Leviticus 20:10 NLT)

Kill Fornicators (burned to death BTW) (Leviticus 21:9 NAB)

Kill Followers of Other Religions (Exodus 22:19 NAB)

Kill Nonbelievers (This I accept as a personal hate crime against my people and I hold guilty any person who sells, prints or promotes the bible) (2 Chronicles 15:12-13 NAB)

Kill False Prophets (Zechariah 13:3 NAB)

Kill the Entire Town if One Person Worships Another God (Deuteronomy 13:13-19 NLT)

Kill Women Who Are Not Virgins On Their Wedding Night (Deuteronomy 22:20-21 NAB)

Kill Followers of Other Religions (Deuteronomy 13:7-12 NAB (Deuteronomy 17:2-5 NLT)

Death for Blasphemy (At least you are stoned) (Leviticus 24:10-16 NLT)

Kill False Prophets (Just about every evangelical preacher) (Deuteronomy 13:1-5 NLT) (Deuteronomy 18:20-22 NLT)

Kill Anyone who Approaches the Tabernacle (Numbers 1:48-51 NLT)

Kill People for Working on the Sabbath (Exodus 31:12-15 NLT)

God Kills Bratty Kids (2 Kings 2:23-24 NAB)

God Kills Curious People (1Samuel 6:19-20 ASV)

God Kills Those Who Will Not Be Violent Without Good Reason (1 Kings 20:35-36 NLT)

God Kills The Good Samaritan (2 Samuel 6:3-7 NAB)

God Will Kill the Children of Sinners (Isaiah 14:21 NAB) (Leviticus 26:21-22 NLT)

God Kills Lots Of Jewish Children (Hosea 9:11-16 NLT)

God Kills Men, Women, and Children Missing the Mark (Ezekiel 9:5-7 NLT)

God Kills all the First Born of Egypt (Exodus 12:29-30 NLT)

God Kills Old Men and Young Women (Jeremiah 51:20-26)

More Rape and Baby Killing (Isaiah 13:15-18 NLT)

Samson (‘nough said) (Judges 15:14-15 NAB)

Peter gets in on the Killing (Acts 5:1-11 NLT)

Mass Murder (1 Samuel 15:2-3 NAB)

You Must Kill or be Cursed (Jeremiah 48:10 NAB)

The Danites Kill the Next Town (Joshua 19:47 NAB)

God Kills Some More (Jeremiah 15:1-4 NLT)

God Promises Even More Killing (Ezekiel 35:7-9 NLT)

The Angel of all Death Threats (Exodus 23:23 NAB) (2 Kings 19:35 NAB)

Destruction of Ai (Joshua 8:1-29 NLT)

Kill All of Babylon (Jeremiah 50:21-22 NLT)

Micah Kills a Whole Town (Judges 18:27-29 NLT) (Note that God approves of this slaughter in verse 6.)

mischl 8 Nov 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

So what happened to the ten commandments especially the one about Thou shall not kill!? Sounds like a lot of doublespeak to me but that's OK as god works in mysterious ways.

People who say they read the bable are liars. Maybe we should hold them to doing exactly that.

God kills, clearly the message I got.

god kills

Ken, a 66-year-old psychologist from Portland, Oregon. His first message to me:

"I really like your playful, creative, giving being. You're more "spiritual" than most religious people. I'm curious how an "atheist" can live that way."

My response after Skyping with him:

Ken,
Yesterday a man I used to date, Rich, dropped by as I was kneading four loaves of bread. With a master degree, Rich is highly intelligent and an atheist. Unlike you, Rich immediately saw the insult in your message.

I told Rich you could not understand how I can have loving kindness without attending church and believing in a god. "I get asked that by Christians all the time," Rich replied.

Treating people with kindness and respect is a series of daily choices. I don't need a book or fear of an invisible deity to teach me to behave. At age four, I realized when I am nice to people, they are nice in return.

I would never corner Christians and demand that they explain themselves. Yet you and your compatriots think this is acceptable behavior.

Christians who don't know me often demand, as you did, that I explain:

1. Why I am an atheist.
  2. How the universe began (as if being an atheist automatically makes me an astrophysicist). "Nobody knows," I reply. "Science is advancing every year."
  3. What happens when people die. "Nobody knows," I reply.
  4. What is "spirituality."

You may think your questions were unique. They were not. Rich and I both find being grilled by Christians rude and tiresome.

Religion and followers of religion are the reason this planet is so fucked up.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:632828
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.