Agnostic.com

2 1

LINK "Five Came Back" The Price of Victory (2017)

First, for context, you should see this Tweet [twitter.com]

Incredibly sad movie but one every American, if not just everyone, should be required to watch. It should become mandatory in schools to kick off 7th Grade with. “Innocence is over, kids. This is what humans CAN do, and have.”
My mother’s decendants were in Poland. They owned a restaurant until the Russians shot Grandma’s father in the head during WWI (as she watched). Her brother made it out and to Chicago and worked his ass off to get his sister’s out of Poland ASAP. Gram didn’t tell her daughter about being Jewish (mom didn’t know about her relatives until her 20’s) because she was afraid it would happen again. Then came WWII and the images in this film (which she was not allowed to see by our government).
I said a quiet thank you to Great Uncle Morris.
I think Ann Frank expressed all that was possible to express. “It may take hundreds of years but good will win.” Sadly, humans have to risk doing the hundreds of years.
I’m very glad to believe this, and all of history, is an illusion. It’s a serious illusion while we experience it but it does end. Usually within 75 years for men.

rainmanjr 8 Nov 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Yes, the atrocities committed during this time were horrible and it should have taught a lesson to all. Unfortunately, it only served to embolden some to continue with their own brand of atrocities. Seems that if we haven't learned after over 70 years we are not going to. Also, I see a lot of resurgence of bringing up the bad ole days only serves to remind us of the atrocities committed to a select group never mind the fact some in that group continue to commit atrocities to another group. I will not watch such films as living in Germany and knowing of it's history during this time there is little left to learn. Also, to me, this is just more propaganda (even being true) that helps to serve the Zionist state.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:632848
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.