Agnostic.com

4 0

China's leader for life?
[yahoo.com]

Flowerwall 7 Nov 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Kingdoms, leaders for life or dictators.... whatever delivers good to the people is a good form. Morocco's kingdom has done more for its people than any African democracy, China's leader for life has delivered more prosperity while American democracy has created more poverty in the last 60 years and China has more for its people than any Asian messy democracy. Saudi citizens stay home and get tax-free payments at home from the government. Not a single Saudi does labor... in restaurants, autos or construction. It is all from poor Asian countries.

What shiny American examples do you want to show that beats China's progress? Freedom that America uses worldwide is BS.

I'm sure China's military will be outshining our own soon too, if not already. And then we won't talk about the shininess of democracy anymore not long after that. We will all just say what we are supposed to.

@Flowerwall

America is not the greatest country in the world?

I just read Saudi Arabia has had to introduce austerity measures due to covid related issues. It goes to show even wealthy, oil rich nations are subjected to the larger forces of economics. I read the other day China's wealth is now greater than our own, as it grew more than our nations did during the pandemic. I don't know how accurate it is, but it is not something widely talked about. Wealth creation post covid is an interesting topic for certain. Very interesting when we remember wealth often equals power.

So, maybe I will live to see Taiwan go under. I know it is part of China's 100 year plan, but figured they would wait any 25 to 30 years as the US degrades farther. But, wanting a lasting legacy, Xi could act sooner, rather than later.

What's their 150 year plan?

Notice the last paragraph of the story. That is one of the major flaws, among others, of having a 'Leader for Life'. Succession, especially in a governance that is highly centralized, becomes a crucial issue. China has gone thru succession issues before, but one never knows how bad it could be & the effect on the rest of the world, too.

In some ways China does have things right. We can't say everything is wrong, absolutely not. I think there was a big change in the nation's approach in the 2010's. The society became more closed off, less tolerant of free expression. What caused this change? From what I heard people with opposing ideas became criminals in the gov't/public mind? Was there something going on behind the scenes that is not common knowledge? What was the cause of this change?

He has approval ratings most world leaders could only dream of, I notice the article neglects to mention that. You have a stunningly effective and popular leader, why not?

In Mandarin China his approval ratings are high, not so much farther West like Tibet, etc.

Are you able to hold a different opinion?

@Flowerwall I'm able to make up my own mind, love how westerners think they know everything about how the world's countries should be run.

@Druvius Some of the fiercest defenders of America and democracy are Americans who were born in China and can do a more accurate comparison than any other Westerners, or Easterners, for that matter. Often times they support the Republicans. Who knows maybe some people who have relocated to China say the opposite there? You might be interested to find out, wouldn't you?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:633485
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.