Agnostic.com

2 1

One for Roger to comment on?

The Hermit of Treig Ken Smith. The man who has lived as a hermit for 40 years

[bbc.com]

Ping @RogerBenham

FrayedBear 9 Nov 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I would agree with him that greed Is man's worst virtue.
Humans are very social creatures, and hermits usually don't do well in life, he seem to do OK. Personally, I like people being around, sometimes I like nobody around

Did a sculpture in Florida about hermit that lived on an island in Florida for 30 years. Know of another hermit who lived within a very large hollow tree in Stanley park in Vancouver for 10 years.

I grew up with a Stanley park but not in Vancouver. When off grid my favourite day was 25\12 when the only people I would see were the security guy on patrol & the legless guy who thought me a charity case bringing me a very small santa bag from the salvation army.

@FrayedBear

Lived a few years in Vancouver yet it was too expensive. Given a government grant to build tiny houses in Creston BC. BS is one of most beautiful landscapes in the world, just the people were too clicky for me. Nova Scotia feels just right.

Where do you live now?

@Castlepaloma Australia

@FrayedBear

Have a house and land in Belize, it's like a Tropical BC..

@Castlepaloma Great if you are into scuba & sea water sports. How have they managed not have been swallowed by Mexico or Guatemala?
I guess that you won't have real winters, 4 seasons or loneliness with, in normal times, lots of tourists. My birthplace was only 110k population but had 20 million visitors each year.

@FrayedBear

Belize I like the lack of politics and it's the land of the free.

I lived for a year in Perth Australia as a bricklayer 1974. Enjoyed Australia and New Zealand alot. Too bad it's locked up more so than Canada over a nasty Flu.

@Castlepaloma 1974 to now is sadly two different countries. Being personally younger & ignorant\naive probably had a lot to do with my perception then to now. 1974 was also just before the CIA & USA fucked Australian independence.

@FrayedBear

It's this world order attempt again. Yet I feel it will fail and pass in a few years, Great abuse in human history, always has a Silver lining.

@Castlepaloma If we live long enough to see it.

@FrayedBear

I'm planning on 30 or 40 more years. If the troops don't corner me with the Jab.

Here's a man who isn't affected by the pandemic.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:633729
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.