Agnostic.com

7 9

A Little About Me

I know I write a lot of silly, fun stuff. I mean hey; I like helping people to feel good.

But there is a serious side to me, and I'd like to share a little of who I am.

This will be a multi-part post. In its entirety, it's too lengthy for the site to handle. So I will break it down into an initial post and subsequent comments.

Unfortunately, you'll have to read it bottom to top. I'll number the comments to clarity.

Kreig 7 Dec 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

You seem cool. I await your tale.

There is an old saying..."To thine own self, be true." You are living proof of this saying. In today's lingo, it's called living an authentic life.

You need your adventures to feel alive, a wandering soul some would say. You're not the first nor the last to believe you would die young. As a teen, I believed I would not see twenty. I'm a mom of one and grandmother to three beautiful grand-daughters. I have met many who have made it past fifty and been surprised. Who knows, you might go George Burns on us. 👍

Enjoy your life, what will be will be. For now, keep writing the stories, you're good at it and we appreciate it.

Take care and be well. 🙂

Betty Level 8 Dec 2, 2017

Old my friend is a state of mind and from what you have written so far it is not likely you will ever feel old.

You have learned that no matter what walk of life or part of the world people are from, there are good people with great stories to tell. That in itself is a lesson that many should learn. We are all human beings with no greater or lesser value than another. Most are good people and a few as you have said are "assholes".

You're a good writer, witty, funny, and an easy interesting read. Document your adventures and describe the people you meet and put it out there as a learning opportunity for others. You just might change a few minds. Wouldn't that be a nice legacy to leave behind? 🙂

@Kreig, you and I are brothers from different parents and times, but brothers nonetheless. When it is time, we'll go walkabout and that will be it. In the meantime, gotta find one more thing for the memory bank.

I've managed to outrun the Reaper for a long time now. Most recent escape was not more than a year ago -- and at 77, I'm still here to laugh about it. So keep on living, my man -- there's nothing to fear but missing out on one more chance to experience.

Not bad brother. Im glad your here with us..

Thanks for sharing this, Kreig. It sounds like you've lived a full life and have a good perspective.

@Kreig, that's something I quite like about this site over others: people are far more open about their struggles and flaws than I've seen on other sites. It's just a lot more honest in many respects, and it seems that people are pretty accepting of our warts.

Very interesting history. Thanks for sharing. I love your view of life. I completely understand. I might have to borrow that "why I'm single" explanation the next time I run into someone who seems to think I need a man. 😀

That experience you had with that first pastor and deacon, that's pretty much been my entire life/church experience. I'm sure there are some wonderful religious people, but when push came to shove, they all stepped back and made me do it all on my own. Guess they were praying for me.

You just wanted all the extra points that come with commenting, didn't you? 😉

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:6339
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.