Agnostic.com

4 0

Anyone here familiar with Burning Man? Love to compare experiences :)

pepsilover 3 Dec 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I haven't been. Being a nudist and knowing that nudity is not unusual there, I was a little interested in the social nudity aspects, but I have heard tha there are more "swingers" than nudists and I HATE the desert. I have heard stories about peopel gettign ripped off. Evidently those who are in various drug cultures are attracted to go, and addicts steal. I've heard they have security, but it is mroe to control how the camps get set up and to make sure people pay to get in than it is to protect the sfety of those inside. There are a lto fo artists and good peopel with a sense of adventure there, and persons who just liek to "party", overall I dont' think I'd want to go. For me the negatives just otweight any postives.

For those who don't know, a "swinger" is a person who seeks out clothing optional places because they hve a sexual agenda of some kind. A "nudist" is someone who just enjoys beign naked for its own sake and enjoys monotonically oriented nude recreation. I am a nudist, and liek most nudists, I find swingers to to annoying, as they five legitimate nudists a bad name.

I’ve a friend that’s attended numerous times, and though ‘invited,’ I could never get away from work or my fatherly duties. He’d return with amazing photos and wild stories… Sounded tempting, but, there’s a very harsh element to surviving on that barren desert for days. Honestly, from all I’ve heard, I’m fine without it ~

Varn Level 8 Dec 3, 2017

I have never been, but i like to know what happened at each different one. A friend in L.A has participated in it over years.
Very intriguing concept. I don't know if i would like to destroy something i had created, even when i know it'll be destroyed eventually..

I've never been to one, but my nephew went about two years ago.
He got so loaded {on who knows what} that he passed out in a tent.
When he came home all he had left was the clothes he was wearing.
His wallet, phone, whatever else he had on him, even his tent were gone. He swore he would never drink again, I don't think he has since.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:6340
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.