Agnostic.com

4 1

Belief consensus

How important should it be for you and your partner to share the same belief set, or lack there of?

Bmarnhout 2 Nov 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I don't think I've ever had a relationship partner who had the same beliefs as me. None of them worked out, possibly because I have a low tolerance for gullibility and magical thinking. Perhaps it depends on how firmly set the beliefs on each side are. If I ever found a potential partner with similar beliefs, that would be a great first step, but there would likely be other deal breakers.

I have been with believers, but not Bible waving church goers. It was never an issue.

As long as they can STFU about it, so could i.......

I can only say from experience, that my partners and I have never shared any beliefs, but it was never a problem because we all respected each others ideals, and were prepared to be tolerant. So I suppose that we all had tolerance in common at least.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:634157
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.