Agnostic.com

6 1

What do you think of China's one family, one child policy?
ECONOMIC theory would say that which is scarce demands a higher price. The more people there are in the world the lesser value each person may have. What do you think?

Tecnoremix2001 4 Dec 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

should be policy every where but it won't be as "the powers that be " need slaves. [ the powers that be meaning the west

The mandatory aspect of it is Orwellian, and wrong … but the planet’s not hurting for humans. Limited my reproduction to two, ‘replacements’ for my (at the time) wife & self. There’s long been a religious theme of ‘overproduce and conquer.’ I find that their worst ‘contribution’ to life or humanity - it’s despicable!

I remember when China implemented it’s one-child policy, but have not learned much about the repercussions… In a way, I’ve never wanted to..

Varn Level 8 Dec 3, 2017

"The one-child policy, a part of the family planning policy, was a population planning policy of China. It was introduced in 1979 and began to be formally phased out in 2015. The policy allowed exceptions for many groups, including ethnic minorities. In 2007, 36% of China's population was subject to a strict one-child restriction, with an additional 53% being allowed to have a second child if the first child was a girl. Provincial governments imposed fines for violations, and the local and national governments created commissions to raise awareness and carry out registration and inspection work."

Thank you for the homework ~

its the only way humans can survive

They have more than a billion people over there, at least they're trying to do something about it.

I think a one child policy should be worldwide and immigration in any form should stop until we get our numbers in balance. We have the ability to govern ourselves but few governments seem to want to talk about it.

I agree with you on the immigration ... which is where I tend to lose my ‘progressive friends.’ And, I’d allow an additional child, for a total of two - gender non-specific.

no borders would be better for our future as a race but who's willing to give up any advantage that your border gives you?

I can possibly envision ‘no borders’ in ...a century. For now, the cultural discrepancies are too vast to accommodate the imbalance that would occur. Let’s reduce our consumption, embracing a more minimalistic culture, while supporting elevated wages and standards of living around the world. When parody is met - knock down all walls ~

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:6342
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.