Agnostic.com

5 2

Where are all you Obama loving haters of Trump?

I'm currently watching "America after 9\11" directed by Michael Kirk and have just been hooked by an ear worm: -

America was not broken by Donald Trump. America was broken before Trump a fact that enabled the election of Trump to the office of President of the United States.

The thought occurred to me, after watching the very short segment identifying that Obama authorise drone strikes that resulted in more than 4000 deaths of men, women & children, that post WWII thousands of Germans were hunted down, some for decades, to be brought to trial for unlawful deaths.
It is obvious to most in the world that until America puts up its perpetrators & those ordering the deaths & torture the offended people of Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan, Syria et al will continue to seek retribution.
You can kill the prophet but not his ideas.

FrayedBear 9 Nov 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Aggression is built in. Pond scum ( aka cyanobacteria and blue-green algae ) “ate” nearby pond scum and their progeny are still doing it.

I laugh that I do not cry!

America is not the only broken place. Most countries in the world are broken and have been for a long time.Trump was a symptom of a larger issue and the main cause was too much demand for finite and dwindling resources which has led to competition among people and countries. As the resource base is depleted the competition grows and eventually turns violent. We need to stop pointing fingers at people we think is the cause for something of which all humans are guilty. After all, a symptom of destructive competition is vilifying other tribes and leaders, bad or good.

Rarely do people point the finger at themselves.
Today however it is ancestors & an ever decreasing number of individuals who are responsible for subverting humanity. Humanity continues to ways to eradicate cancer as a cause of illhealth & death. The harbingers of war are not being equally aggressively rooted out.

@FrayedBear I see that as a convenient scapegoat. What drives a people to violence to war? People tend to be reactionists rather than being proactive and trying to understand why things happen. Of course people don't point fingers at themselves, except when pointing a finger at someone else there are three pointing right back. It's called denial, cognitive dissonance or 'smile and denial.' It's really not that hard, as our numbers go up, on a finite planet (think of a giant space ship) so do our needs and pretty soon our need cannot be met as the resources are limited. The usual idea of technology will save us is false as technology does not create resources it only makes it possible to squeeze more from the base (think of fracking. More oil has not been created but can squeeze what is left).

We all live here and are all responsible for keeping our home as clean and problem free as possible. We are failing miserably.

They are all mass murderers in my books.

I can't imagine running out of ideas to kill anyone. President Leaders have a soul job is to protect, yet each of them kill millions and go the opposite directions. They won't be my leaders of me. Can't find anywhere a better leader for me than myself.

Problem is short term memory loss and real failure to hold people accountable.

The 5 minute news-worthiness & onto the next. 50 years ago it was 15 minutes 'fame'.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:634527
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.