Agnostic.com

4 7

As I have always said, people not just men in power are capable of being toxic

Allegations of sexual abuse by an Australian women’s soccer captain have created a serious dilemma for the #MeToo crowd

The allegations by former Matildas star Lisa De Vanna, suggested women’s football in Australia has covered up abuse for years, only this time the alleged perpetrators are female are extremely serious. She claims that she and others have been subjected to sexual assault, sexual harassment, grooming and bullying from senior players throughout her lengthy career with the Matildas.

She has been particularly critical of “women protecting women who abuse women” and “players protecting senior players who abuse young players” and has described women’s soccer as being governed by a “preying and grooming culture.”

LenHazell53 9 Nov 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Two way street

bobwjr Level 10 Nov 27, 2021

The problem is power not gender. I have considered myself a feminist for 50 years yet, I'm not at all surprised that women in power who are attracted to women often use that power inappropriately. Bullies,perverts and narcissists come in all genders, religions and ethnicities.

Ouch.

Why is this a problem for the "MeToo" crowd?

Because much of the radical "#Metoo" cancel culture, mob mentality club as opposed to the genuine social reformers and actual feminists, rely on the idea that only men oppress women, when women are oppressed by other women that undermines their whole philosophy.

@LenHazell53 Sounds like a straw man argument to me, never met any feminist of any stripe who thought "metoo" was a male only problem. And why would it be a problem, it's coming to light and being addressed. That has nothing to do with the fact that it is indeed mostly men in power that are the problem.

@Druvius Perhaps you have not met or read about many radical "me-too" feminists then, for example, a classic example Asia Argento, one of the co-founders of the Me-Too movement who was disgraced when it was revealed she had sexual harassed and sexually assaulted her much younger co-star Jimmy Bennett who played her on-screen son and posted inappropriate photos of her "triumph" over him on the internet then openly refused to admit a woman exerting influence on an employee was wrong it was in fact just evening the playing field.

@Druvius I'VE never heard of women sexually harassing women before. Have you? Not saying it's never happened, but...

@Storm1752 You don't hear of it much because male-female sexual harassment is more fun for the MSM, gets more people mad, than woman-woman. LenHazell is right about Jimmy Bennett but, no, we don't hear of that. This is why I think #metoo is a joke and play it as such. We should speak in terms of egalitarianism or Humanism. Feminism is an organizational movement for women's power. It doesn't care if males are ostracized from society so long as women gain more power.

@rainmanjr
"Feminism is an organizational movement for women's power."
Incorrect, as I pointed out that is radical feminism, actual feminism is about equality of the sexes, I speak from experience as an activist in that area for many years. Actual feminism has been demonised by a loud mouth bitter minority who seek not equality but superiority.

@LenHazell53 much is a very nebulous word. Usually I agree with you 100% but I'm hoping your perception is clouded by the fact that the majority of publicized cases have been about male perpetuators because our society has a much larger percentage of males in power than females. I am sure that that same fact clouds some of the feminists opinions that you have heard.

@Lorajay As someone who was spousal abuse for five and a half years by a nightmare wife, and who consequently met in support groups many other men who had been or were still trapped in the same horror, I respectfully disagree. Women can be just as dangerous, violent and sexually predatory as men.
However, it is rarely reported and almost never talked about, because it is not supposed to happen to men, and if it does, it is not talked about because it is a matter of shame and reflects "badly" on all men.
A woman who is abused by a man can expect these days to be believed, and given support and empathy, not so men.
Men beaten by women are not reported because (as happened to me when I did report it to the police), the police laughed and mocked that "a man" could be assaulted by a "girl" but I was then warned not to fight back because that WOULD be assault.
Like wise, emotional or verbal abuse is not talked about because, you the man are pathetic because you can't keep your "bitch" in order.
A man sexually assaulted by women is not SUPPOSED to object, because he is a "Lucky bastard" and should "enjoy it"
Sexual harassment of men at work again is supposed to enjoyed by "real men" and in retail where I worked most of my life, women outnumber men 4 to one almost all supervisors and assistant, actual and district manager are women.
Not all sexual harassment happens at corporate level or in the entertainment business, that just makes for "good" headlines.

Just to reiterate my point, ALL PEOPLE of what ever sex or gender are capable of being obnoxious when give a bit of power if they are that way inclined, not just "toxic men!".

@LenHazell53 I'm sorry that you lived in that misery. I think we do agree that power can bring out the worst in anyone regardless of their gender.

@LenHazell53 No, I don't look to the extremists of a movement to generalize about a movement. Most sexual predators, like most rapists and murderers, are men. That there are some female such is simply not relevant to this, and certainly isn't a "problem" for it.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:636130
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.