Agnostic.com

2 2

LINK The Real Origins of the Religious Right - POLITICO Magazine

The Real Origins of the Religious Right
They’ll tell you it was abortion. Sorry, the historical record’s clear: It was segregation.

OldMetalHead 9 Dec 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The big problem with that argument (and I tend to agree) is that among the black community, the abortion rate is the highest. Once abortion becomes illegal guess what. The Black community will grow. [liveaction.org]

@OldMetalHead Not in a nation which desperately pushes away migration and now has a worker problem. Kids born now will begin to solve the worker shortage in just 14 years. That's what I said, yes.

@OldMetalHead Again the racist connection. It's not about people but a system. All the pro-economics comments just say the economy comes first and then the system upon which that economy depends. One hears a lot of how people want to help the poor destitute immigrants + they do the work the (name your country) won't do. So , in other words help but exploit at the same time. Obama, knew the problem and he deported more people here illegally than any other president. Sooner or later we will wake up but it will be too late.
I would ask about how we have helped the Afghani's by bringing them here to a system they neither understand nor have the capability of handling. Already reports are coming out how they are struggling with our house and food prices and a much higher standard of living than they are used to. Sort of a death of a thousand cuts. We need to stay the hell away from wars. The costs kill us never mind the fact we keep losing.

I am inclined to agree. Furthermore, the basis for evangelicals and conservatives to distrust "big government" also stems from its love of segregation, because they don't like the government telling them not to exclude people on the basis of color. They love their world white and entitled, and don't see anyone else as being human.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:638075
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.