Agnostic.com

15 2

Is partner's wealth an aphrodisiac?

How much do you agree with this quote?

Aralt 7 Apr 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

15 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It's nice to be financially stable but it's not top priority. Love and respect is much more important.

I disagree. I want a roof over my head and a vehicle that gets me from point A to point B but I certainly don't need or even want the best of everything. That being said, a guy who makes crap for money is a buzz kill. Spent too many years being married to someone who made crappy money. We waived child support but technically I was going to owe him money every month and I'm "just" an administrative assistant. He's the operations manager at a radio station but refuses to ask/demand more money, and he puts in 50-60 hours a week.

To some perhaps, but it isn't universal.

It sure is to the billionaires as it is the only thing they are consumed with.

No, it's a cushion.

I never married probalbly because I didn't look good on paper. Never had Credit Cards till I was past 50 and still don't have a credit rating and I've been refused loans for amounts that I had covered in my Bank. I politely told them I could go somewhere else which I did.
Now I get three invites a week in the Mail for a Credit Card Application and I file them in the 86 bucket. I also told them other things which I will refrain from repeating not from being refused but for not being given the chance to establish a rating which I think is Total BS.

No. I don't care about money past paying the bills that I have.

It's not wealth I really look for its the ability to contribute to the relationship....(Not to sound arrogant or boastful) but ai work a job where I make decent money and I feel that in order to have a stable relationship both parties should be financially independent of each other..With neither person financially dependent on the other, you know that their being with you isn't for the money...That and I've been in too many relationships where I'm expected to be the main bread winner or I'm supposed to carry the financial weight...Even if someone isn't on the same level as me financially. I still want a partner who can tip in their share of not only the expenses but also the work that goes into a relationship.

It would be nice to be in a relationship with a woman who was as secure and financially independant as I am. If they had more, even better. As long as someone lives within their means, I'm ok.

So kinda, but not really.

Nope! Money complicates things and gives people the impression they can always upgrade as their finances increase, which they always do with rich folks. Give me man who can live adequately within his means and is true and honorable. You can have the rich ones. Too much stress and competitiveness comparing trophy wives or arm candy.

Not really. Stability however....that's addictive. Show me a man who makes good decisions with his money and is responsible with it and I'm game

@Aralt

The thing about the exchange of money for erotic interactions is that it's completely free of conflict, mind games, and other such very negative things, setting aside the case of pretending to be interested to hurt the other person as an over-arching underpinning of the relationship.

If two people can successfully and maturely have a relationship, then so be it, but I know for a fact that I am far too concerned with matters of the mind these days to give any real attention to a relationship.

I also don't expect womaen who hold differing ambitions, views, knowledge and such than me to be anything but completely hostile, and I rarely find a woman that is the type I am attracted to.

No. Money can be fun, but sexual turn-on ? Nah.
Neither is power.

For me, no. Although if there's a sugar mama out there, hit me up. I'm willing to reconsider. Ha!

I wouldn't know, I've never dated a rich girl. It might even be a turn off depending on how they use their wealth and what attitudes the power engenders.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:64229
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.