Agnostic.com

7 2

Anyone else love religiously based movies?

Not the kind that openly push religion. I mean the kind that are based on religious myths, like movies based on the biblical armageddon, or that assume a particular religion is true and build the story around that. (Prophecy, Dogma, Devil's Advocate, etc.) Anyone else really enjoy those as complete works of fiction, but fun to watch none-the-less?

JasBrimstone 4 Apr 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Maybe when I was a kid.... I outgrew that.

Not really, but I do find it ironic that Christians eagerly anticipate religious movies coming out from Holywood and then are Thoroughly Disappointed that the Storyline doesn't follow their version of events exactly. A Baptist preacher called Russel Crow's Noah the worst movie he had ever seen.

Want to watch a really great religious movie?
[en.wikipedia.org]

The interesting thing about this movie is that it parallels a real event that has been ignored by the media.​

enjoyed Constantine. Sausage Party was a hoot! The TV series Lucifer is hilarious in that respect.

yes love them and all make belief and horror etc. the excorcist scared the fuck out of me. then again i loved avatar and the hulk etc. still fairy tails however convincing.

Loved Dogma, but that was twisted, wouldn't really say religious!

I can't recall the name but I saw a movie about a woman that was living a fast life while working as a telemarketer that ended up being in armageddon.I remember a scene where they were having group sex and a woman had a ? Pearl tattooed on her back. Too many years too many movies. ANyway that was good enough to watch a few times

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:64291
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.