Agnostic.com

2 0

Spirituality: Which belief system produces best epiphanies?

I like moments of heightened clarity, like enlightenment. Which belief system do you think gives followers the best epiphanies?

KarlHannah 5 Apr 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I have had the greatest success with a large bottle of Jack Daniels Tennessee Sipping Whiskey.

Certainly better than Jesus. (1) never asks for 10% of your income, (2) won't burn you at the stake if you drink another brand (3) Doesn't ask you to believe that the world was created 6,000 years ago, (4) if you get in too deep, the organizations that will help you quit are covered by health insurance, (5) etc

I don't know that there is an ideal belief system, but rather methods.

Many use self starvation called fasting, Meditation while fasting can cause hallucinations often called epiphanies. Also drugs are effective for the same results.
My question is why would anyone wish to alter their brain states to have an altered consciousness? We live in a real physical world and need our brains to fuction at it optimum in order to fuction in it. If we spend our time in an altered brain state we do not percieve reality properly and a subject to percieve that that is no real to be real.
Scientific studies have been conducted on people under the influence of mind altering drugs and found no improvment in perception or elevated thought processes. I would not consider it wise to seek epiphanies as a result.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:64388
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.