Agnostic.com

3 5

What I like about winter...

It's cold, so what I like about it is getting warm in the midst of it. But there's the cost of heating the house, which is killing me this season, plus the fire I almost started last season could have killed me (and fire did kill some people back east today. Be careful with space heaters people), so the alternative is to wear warm clothes, duh. Nothing new there. Thick house coats are easy enough but cumbersome, and there's PJs of course but I'm an in between sized person and haven't found many to fit me. I shop in thrift stores and while I'm fine with just cutting off the ends of legs and sleeves, there are lots of mens' bottoms but no tops. So, because I can wear many teen sized clothes such as girls' pants, sweats, etc, I looked at those PJs but most are too girly. So I considered the onesies. Oddly enough there are man sized ones in the mens' section but again the girls' sizes are there but too cute. I mean, I have to consider accidentally being seen in a thing with ears and paws, and certainly no hearts, unicorns or teddy bears. (I'm already considered a bit off by some.) I did find a couple that are okay as well as comfy. My cats (and last night a couple of raccoons outside) saw me in this and seemed to get a kick out of it. (The 'coons actually walked right up to me). So, in fun I'll share. That's the point. Go ahead and chuckle but this is very comfortable. Anyone else like onesies?

AlbertSchepis 7 Jan 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I confess that since I posted this I looked and found more that fit me... one of which is a reindeer onesie. I fear I'm hooked and may be starting to collect them, and I like that my size has this advantage. It may be a little late to have some whimsey in my life but what the heck. I'm owning it.

In winter here the temperature can go as low as 5 degrees, and I love furry jim-jams and getting under a duvet, with a couple of hot-water bottles and a wife of 53 years. Patadoxically, I also sleep with the bedroom French windows wide open.
Before you get the wrong idea, I should point out I live in Spain, where the centigrade scale is used. 🤣
Actually, I'm allergic to cold, having been born and bred on the equator.

Well, 41 degrees farenheit is still cold enough to put something warm on. And having cool moist night air to breathe is healthier and more comfortable for the lungs than hot, dry air when sleeping, so that makes sense. 53 years huh? Lucky!

@AlbertSchepis Been married 53 years because she was scared of swapping me for an even worse bum, I reckon. So yes. Lucky

I was glad when we all had to start wearing masks, because I have a large nose, which sticks out and gets cold. I have a lovely bright yellow one with a emoji type smile on it, makes me look really silly when I go out.

I'm also okay with wearing a mask for appearance reasons. I've been undergoing extensive dental work that isn't finished yet, and I'd rather not flash it every time I smile, which I can't help but do.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:644153
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.