Agnostic.com

4 8

I like this photo. This isn't a film set btw!
People actually live and work here and have done for several centuries. I don't know exactly where this is, but it's a common street view everywhere in the UK.

Ryo1 8 Jan 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

"...it's a common street view everywhere in the UK."

Yes, as common as muck, much of the main island is a compleat shambles with runnels down most streets I shouldn't wonder.

In a nod as good as a wink to good grace and knackery nous, the jettying architecture facilitates the disposal of any waste.

[en.wikipedia.org]

Looks like the Shambles York. Google that for a bit of fun.

A medieval street. 🙂

@Ryo1 Yep. I think that it originally meant the street where the butchers work, but Google street view shows it really well and lets you take a walk down it.

Very cool to stroll through via google maps!

In the UK, many old houses and buildings have plaques or the like indicating the years when they were built. This is a pub in my area which was built in 1799.

Ryo1 Level 8 Jan 14, 2022

looks like a roman rd.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:645179
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.