Agnostic.com

6 4

LINK GQ magazine puts Bible on list of 20 classic books not worth reading

This is hilarious. I have thought this many times working in the library that it belongs in the FICTION section.

TheLiberalGent 7 Apr 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The King James bible has provided an enormous amount of expressions used in today's English, such as, by way of a few examples, pearls to the swine, the skin of your teeth, a drop in the bucket, the blind leading the blind or can a leopard change his spots. And one cannot gainsay that it contains quite a few good, imaginative children's stories, from the eye staring at Cain to Noah's Ark, via the plagues of Egypt or David and Goliath. Inasmuch as this cannot be said of the brain-washingly repetitive and plagiarist Coran or frankly grotesque "us (Americans)-too!" book of Mormon, I would certainly not include it in the "not worth reading" category. Besides, given its influence past and present on our world, it is nothing short of A Must ! (Idem, I fear, for the Coran. (Be it only as nobody having REALLY read it will carry on presenting it as a font of peace and tolerance !)

That is hilarious.

Well GQ is not one of my 20 Classier Magazines .. so knowing the source!!!!

I was in a very good book store with my daughter recently and drew her to the attention of the religion section full of christian books and the mythology section acress the isle. I noted that in another country or in another time that the Christian writings would be found in the mythology section.

Awesome

I haven't read them all, but I agree with most of that list.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:64541
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.