Agnostic.com

19 1

How hard is it to maintain a bald head??

I have been seriously thinking about shaving my head. Have. Been wearing it short for several years now. I have a niece who is very. Involved in the "locks of love and she has been after me to join her again. Soon I will be getting it cut. Probably going to get it all cut off. So how hard is it to. Maintain a shaved head?? I realize I'm gonna have to be careful or I will fry my skull if. The sun. Ever comes back. Any thing else I need to consider??

Stevil 8 Apr 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

19 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I shave my scalp against the growth every morning with a double-edged safety razor, lathering with regular bar soap, and it's super easy. I could do it in the dark (and sometimes do it right in the shower without a mirror). If I miss a day, I'm more likely to nick myself or have stubble bumps, though, so I have to take more time then. I don't generally treat my skin, but occasionally I'll use a bit of unscented lotion if it feels like my skin is getting dry or irritated. I don't often wear a hat or bother with sunscreen, but I have seriously burned my scalp a few times when I wasn't careful — so be aware that the sun can be deceptive in the spring when it doesn't yet feel terribly warm outside, and out on the water (e.g., boating or swimming) where the water reflects and intensifies the sun's rays. That's the only advice I have to impart. I hope it helps.

Depends if it's natural

I don't find it hard to maintain at all, I just shave it with a buzzer 1-2 times a week.

Wear a hat and sunscreen.

ebdb Level 7 Apr 23, 2018

I have to shave mine every 2 days if I want no stubble. If I shave it on Monday, then I have to shave it by Wednesday. After I shave it, I put lotion on it. It's not really a big ordeal, but it can be annoying to have to shave it every other day. I guess it's the same annoyance if you shave your face.

I use Gillette Fusion Proglide.

I always wear a hat outside. Even when it's cloudy. I sunburn easily.

I used to clean shave mine but you do get the hang of it. I actually use clippers with no attachments and it's so easy for many reasons.

@Stevil

It's not hard, Just give it a good cut with a fast buzzer, and a fast, sharp razor.

Hats. Hats are good for several reason.

1. Prevents sunburn.
  2. Keeps your head warm when it’s cold. And believe me you will notice it with a shaved head...
  3. Pick the right hat and it gets you noticed. Forget baseball caps, everyone has them. Go fedora, trilby or suchlike
  4. Moisturiser! Your scalp will thank you.
  5. You can do Halloween really easily. Uncle Fester! Agent 47! Gunslinger from the original Westworld!
  6. It can be very liberating when you shave your head but some people seem to find it “thuggish” so be ready to show them you’re a good guy

How many creases or dents do you have in your head? Moles are a problem too. Have it done at a barbershop and see if they tell you its a good idea.

It's a pain in the ass.
Sunburned scalp is brutal.

Sunscreen and lotion.
I've tried every razor--electric through straight, lady leg razors float and work the best.

You know what helps for that and actively fights chances of cancer? Aggressive Chemotherapy. But the side effects probably aren't worth it, so nevermind.

Maybe a tad extreme!!! just a tiny wee bit !!

@Nickbeee I'm not a subtle sort of person. ?

Laborious to keep it bald and slick if you have thick hair as I do. Not even a whole day and the is stubby hair growth again.

If you just shave your entire head, face included, it's 20-30 mins. 2-3x's a week depending on how fast your hair grows. If you decide to be artistic and do a stache, goatee, goat beard, fu manchu, soul patch etc. then it will take longer.

I have been doing it for 25 years. Not difficult at all.

I started doing it after my weightloss and dropping 170lbs. It is definitely a lot of work, and to do it correctly you need to have a number of tools.

1. For my face and head I use both a double edged safety razor and a cartridge razor. I use 6-blade razors from DORCO, the Pace 6, which is the same razor used by Dollar Shave Club. It is cheaper when ordered in bulk than using shave club.

[dorcousa.com]

For double-edge it really comes down to how much money you wanna spend. I have a very expensive double edge, a Feather, which is stainless steel razor made in Japan. There are decent double edge razors, that are fairly heavy weight (you don't want a light one) for under $50. The Merkur is considered one of the best ones for the money, it's on Amazon now for $28

[amazon.com]

1. Highly important that you do a full shave of the head every 2 days otherwise it becomes difficult to manage and the cartridge razors get clogged up and requires a lot of rinsing off.

2. You want to do it in the shower when it is hot to open up your pores and you want a good shaving mirror. I've gone through a lot of these mirrors, get the ToiletTree mirror on Amazon.

[amazon.com]

1. You want to use a shaving cream or gel that has a lot of lubricant in it or use a pre-shave lubricant before applying it. Use a facial cleanser like Nivea. I happen to like the Proraso products from italy.

[amazon.com]

You have to practice the picard maneuver in the mirror a few hundred times, but after that im sure youll be fine.

That's bad... 😉

Get a hat.

I've shaved my head 2-3 times a week, every week for over a decade now. I could probably get by with once a week; and at times, probably have. I'd just rather not have the stubble look or anything like that. Do be careful of the sun. When my wife and I married on a beach in Oregon, I forgot. The one time in the decade plus that I went about 2 months without shaving my head - blisters were no good. Always wear a hat and if it's adjustable, don't forget to sunscreen the back of your head or you'll never forget again.

I’ll give you this bit of advice; make sure you don’t have a wrinkled head first. Lesson you don’t want to learn the hard way. You’re welcome.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:64733
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.