Agnostic.com

2 2

LINK What If TV Isn't Bad for Us? - Freakonomics

Excellent show. I'm getting that TV broadly increases language skills by putting words into context with experiences. Especially experiences OTHERS are telling us about because we're ultimately safe. Even fictional OTHERS. Language, or expression, is a beneficiary of story-related education. The locality of stories tends to make us more aware of other's societies so increases tolerances and fears. In that way it may have led to a more liberal society but one which is also more afraid of threats. That is how imbalances come about.

rainmanjr 8 Feb 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

TV can be bad for you but it can be good for you. It's like food. If you consume nothing but junk then it will have a harmful effect on you. Consuming too much can also be bad for you. And there is a LOT of junk on TV.

TV is the greatest invention ever. My dad used to call it the Boob Tube. But, I love boobs so that's a good thing.

I've gotta give you that.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:648449
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.