Agnostic.com

2 1

Australian culture on TV tonight.

Housos vs Virus & Lockdown 2020

FrayedBear 9 Feb 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Pretty freaking weird.

Crude, lewd, violent, addicted, stupid people - Australian & Maori.

Isn’t using Australian and culture in the same sentence an oxymoron?

As Paul Hogan once said

In England, you say "Rule Britannia, Britannia rules the waves"
In the USA you say "America, America, God shed his grace on thee"
In Scotland they say " Land of the shining rivers, Land of my heart for ever, Scotland the brave."

But in Australia we say "Jeez mate, only poofs write poetry"

@LenHazell53 And the trailer shows the more civilised less crude & violent scenes.

@LenHazell53 aha, from the the pre woke days when reality was admitted & recognised.
How much of Hogan was actually John Cornell? [smh.com.au]

@LenHazell53 I also state that I don't write poetry just occasionally rhyming slime.

@BookDeath He was quoting Paul Hogan…not expressing his own sentiments. We can surely distinguish between the two and be able to quote something without it being assumed we ourselves agree and believe the same. Hogan’s entire career was itself based on a tongue-in-cheek exaggerated parody of Australian male macho culture. Most of us understand that what Hogan is quoted as saying is for shock and comedic effect, and not in fact what Australians actually do say or think!

@BookDeath What she said.
Please don't shake your head too hard, you may give yourself a headache. By the way I too am a published poet, playwright and author, so understand the satirising of bigotry when I read it, I am very surprised that as a fellow writer and academic you don't 🙂

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:649325
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.