Agnostic.com

2 5

• X-Men is about civil rights. If you didn’t get that, you didn’t get X-Men.
• Black Panther is about colonization. If you didn’t get that, you didn’t get Black Panther.
• Captain America literally fought nazis. He is the embodiment of fighting the alt-right. If you didn’t get that, you didn’t get Captain America.
• The Empire in Star Wars is fascist. The Rebel alliance are Anti-Fascist. If you didn’t get that, you didn’t get Star Wars.
• Doctor Who was about an alien fighting for all of humanity in spite of totalitarian regimes. If you don't get that, you don't get Doctor Who.
• The Punisher isn’t meant to be a role model for police or armed forces. So much so that the writers of The Punisher made him actively speak out against it in a comic. If you didn’t get that, you didn’t get The Punisher.
• Deadpool is queer. He’s pansexual. Fact. If you didn’t get that you didn’t get Deadpool.
• Star Trek is about equality for all genders, races and sexualities. As early as the mid-60s it was taking a pro-choice stance and defending women’s right to choose. One of its clearest themes is accepting different cultures and appearances and working together for peace. (It’s also anti-capitalist and pro-vegan). If you didn’t get that, you didn’t get Star Trek.
• Superman and Wonder Woman (and a whole host of other superheroes) are immigrants. The stance of those comics is pro-immigration and pro-equality and acceptance. If you didn’t get that, you didn’t get Superman or Wonder Woman.
• Stan Lee said, “Racism and bigotry are among the deadliest social ills plaguing the world today.” If you’re bigoted or racist, you didn’t get any of the characters Stan Lee created.
• The stories we grew up with all taught us to value other people and cultures and to treasure the differences between us. Only villains were xenophobic, or sexist, or racist, or totalitarian. I can’t understand how anyone can have missed that.
• If you’re upset that there’s a black Spider-Man, or a black Captain America, or a female Thor, or that Ms. Marvel is Muslim, or that Captain Marvel was pro-feminism or any of the other things right-wing “fans” say is “stealing their childhood” - you never got it in the first place. The things you claim are now “pandering to the lefties” were never on your side, to begin with.
If you consider yourself a fan of these things, but you still think the LGBTQ+ community is too “in your face”, or have a problem with Black Lives Matter, or want to “take the country back from immigrants”, then you’re not really a fan at all.
Geek culture isn’t suddenly left-wing... it always was. You just grew up to be intolerant. You became the villain in the stories you used to love.

Toonman 6 Feb 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Dueling posts would be interesting.

So would seeing you walk out of an alley wiping your chin.

In either case, hope springs eternal, I guess.

@yvilletom

Somewhere there's an attic with a portrait of you getting smarter.

You're a punchline to a joke you're too faux-intellectual to get.

@Toonman Mouth big; everything else little.

Will you keep them that way?

@yvilletom

I bet you're frequently mistaken for a chemical toilet.

@Toonman Mouth still big; all else still small.

@yvilletom Don't be so hard on yourself.

@Toonman You could assert yourself — say “I like….”, “I don’t like….” or “Stop ….” — but doing that requires personal power and it wouldn’t frighten the snowflakes.

@yvilletom

Who gives a fuck about them?

They don't like what I have to say, they can figure out their scroll bars.

Or they can eat shit. Either suits me fine.

And who the fuck do you think you are? Sphincterman? If you didn't get that, you don't get that opinions are not facts.

Who do I think I am?

I'm the guy who posts what he goddamn well pleases. I'm the guy who eats morons like you for breakfast and shits them out before lunch.

If you don't like what I post, you can scroll down, or eat a dick. Or both.

You wouldn't know a fact from an opinion if one took video of you giving the other an awkward toothy blow job.

Ask the creators of the material. Fact is they have been clear about their intentions from the get-go.

And if you can't glean the messages simply by reading the material, then you're just plain stupid.

It isn't subtext. It's text.

Now fuck off, shithead. It's amazing you make it though the day without decapitating yourself or getting electrocuted because you thought sticking your dick in a light socket wouldbite you superpowers. .

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:650008
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.