Agnostic.com

0 5

So in America, many people seem very concerned about young children being allowed to have their own mobile phones (cellphones) but they seem quite happy about getting their young children firearms and teaching them how to use them.They typically say 'I taught my son how to use a gun when he was 8. He is well into his 40s now and he's never had to use his gun, but still, it's good that he knows how to defend himself. It's just in case.' or something along those lines. I then feel like saying 'Well, that means you and your son must live in a safe, peaceful environment. Why do you feel the need to own a gun? Just in case? Aren't you a little paranoid?' I lived in Japan for quite a bit and I now live in England. In both countries, ordinary people don't live in households with firearms. We don't expect to see anyone carrying a gun on the street. It must be a cultural thing but I just don't get the mindset of those Americans I mentioned. 🤨

Ryo1 8 Feb 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:651801