Agnostic.com

4 0

LINK How Muslims, Often Misunderstood, Are Thriving in America

Today an estimated 3.45 million Muslims in America are living in a climate of hostility, their faith distorted by violent extremists on one end and an anti-Muslim movement on the other. The rise in animosity was stoked by fiery anti-Muslim rhetoric from conservative commentators and politicians, including the president. Trump repeatedly has described Islam as a threat, retweeting anti-Muslim videos from a British hate group and keeping his distance from the religion, like when he decided the White House, for the first time in more than two decades, would not host a dinner to mark Ramadan.

zblaze 7 Apr 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

We should be nice to everyone no matter there beliefs. Also, muslims are fools just like the christains and jews, because they believe in deity that doesn't exist. This is why I think we should do away with all religion.

Any belief which can support the desires of a population who see superiority in separation can find success.

I would have no problem at all with Islam if Muslims would remove the vicious hate from its holy texts. One passage in the Qur'an recently led to the genocide of 10,000 Yazidis when ISIS acted directly on a command there to kill them, and there are lots of horrific passages in the Hadith too, such as the one that depicts Muhammad as having people burned to death in their homes for failing to attend prayers at the mosque. So long as that hate is being propagated through "holy" texts and people fail to condemn it, they cannot be regarded as peaceful and benign.

Are you educated on what Muslims believe? Did you know that 52% of British Muslims think homosexuality should be made illegal - for example?

KenG Level 6 Apr 24, 2018

I am. I'm willing to bet that over 40% of American Christians think it should be illegal as well!!

@zblaze Not in the UK, no

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:65374
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.