Agnostic.com

7 3

If you don't have a photo.....

Why not?

I'm curious as to your reasons......

I don't know about you, but I feel a more trusting affinity with someone with a photo. Men, women, single, just here for community, etc etc.

I've chatted to one or two of you privately, and there are, of course, valid reasons.

Please don't think I'm judging or pressuring.

Only curious. I'm just a nosey prick, that's all. 😛

Kreig 7 Dec 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Agnostics and atheists still face heavy discrimination in many places in the world. Being a known atheist is downright dangerous in some places. Not posting a photo is one way to stay in the closet, so to speak.

d_day Level 7 Dec 4, 2017

100% agree..I don't even talk to people unless they have a photo and at least a mostly filled out profile

i agree with you

Good question.

I dont' like photos of myself.Seeing myslef staring back at me is a bit offputting,besides I like to use something that represents how I feel about myself,even if most people have no idea what it means....bit of mystery see.....if you want to find out what it means you have to look it up.
All very enigmatic and a bit pretentious I know,but I really can stand looking at my face is all.

I also think we judge far too much on appearances and not enough of what the person is actually saying.

Great question... maybe the name needs some looking into too...lol. I know if anyone that personally knows me comes across this forum, they are going to know me right away. Only thing missing on this forum is my phone number... lol.

I maintain a 'what you see is what you get' policy, but I must tell you the pics I have on here at the moment were taken before the ILLNESS got me. I now look like an Aushwitz survivor. 6' - 1" and 118 pounds, sporting wrinkles that make a prune look smooth as a baby's butt and not a single tooth to be found in my head. Want a recent shot?

Oh brother. That's rough. How about 6'3" at 300 pounds. I've gained 50 pounds since I've retired. You can see in a fatty in the boat I'm Flying in. We plan on you going a diet after the new year.

sorry you have to struggle with illness.

Thank you for the sentiment, @btroje, but it is part of life. I'm nearing my station where I need to get off the train, but trust me, I ate dessert a long time ago. I've lived an incredibly full life, have few regrets, and a bit of frustration because of not being able to do some things for myself is merely payment for the ride.

Maybe people are just as ugly as sin - rather than an Adonis like me ... !

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:6541
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.