Agnostic.com

24 5

Unbelievers. Are there any moral flaws in Jesus?

Unbelievers. Are there any moral flaws in Jesus?

I can understand how unbelieving works. Unbelievers see people who do believe in a supernatural fiction, --- whom believers must emulate and obey. Believers must believe what is told to them by proxies. Proxies that the bible tells us are likely not accurate.

Gnostic Christians knew that the reality of a supernatural God can never be proven, --- without one popping up. We also recognized that one God popping up would be a proof of concept for the many Gods theories that Gnostics favored.

In other words, debating the reality of God or Gods of a supernatural type was a waste of time, and that his moral fibre should be where we put our debate and arguing skill.

Moral arguments can have an end game, --- where people learn how to live better, --- instead of learning about a supernatural God that we can never emulate or believe in.

I think that is how an atheist thinks like, from my own past.

From a moral view, with open minds, Gnostic Christians found moral flaws in Yahweh. Those same flaws, to some extent, were put into the Roman Jesus. Not so for the Gnostic Jesus.

This question is more for the unbelievers because I expect less bias from those who do not expect Armageddon.

Regards
DL

Greatest 5 Mar 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

24 comments (26 - 24)

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:654811
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.