Agnostic.com

3 7

The caption of a low-life odyssey, Charles Bukowski, died on this day in 1994:
“There's nothing to mourn about death any more than there is to mourn about the growing of a flower. What is terrible is not death but the lives people live or don't live up until their death. They don't honor their own lives, they piss on their lives. They shit them away. Dumb fuckers. They concentrate too much on fucking, movies, money, family, fucking. Their minds are full of cotton. They swallow God without thinking, they swallow country without thinking. Soon they forget how to think, they let others think for them... Play them the great music of the centuries and they can't hear it. Most people's deaths are a sham. There's nothing left to die.”

MichaelSanchuk 6 Mar 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I spent most of my life doing sex, drugs, junk food, drink and farting, but I will admit, that I did waste a little bit of it sleeping.

good human beings save the world
so that bastards like me can keep creating art,
become immortal.
if you read this after I am dead
it means I made it.”
― Charles Bukowsk

He was an interesting poet. A genuine public display of sensitivity and pain.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:654836
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.