Agnostic.com

3 0

AI being a threat in the future

Imagination is a very powerful tool. It helps humans to project one or more possible outcomes of certain activity. Science fiction movies are something which are making us aware of the possible negative & positive outcome of technology. Some movies showed AI as a threat for human beings in the future, so maybe it's time we take some cautionary measures to avoid dark side of the AI and develop it in such a way that it could never be a threat. We should also develop AIs which can integrate with human mind., making us Cyborg or Humanoid maybe, because it would be necessary if things ever go south with the AIs made by us.

sourceofdesire 6 Dec 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Re: integration of AIs with the human mind, my son works in cyber-security. He says: "based on the work I do, I would never want a computer anywhere near my brain"!

I think these are really important questions.

humans have human enemies so of course, it could be a terrible thing. I watched Terminator in a whole different way than most people.

This is a great TED talk that I find super interesting.

"We're building an artificial intelligence-powered dystopia, one click at a time, says technosociologist Zeynep Tufecki. In an eye-opening talk, she details how the same algorithms companies like Facebook, Google and Amazon use to get you to click on ads are also used to organize your access to political and social information. And the machines aren't even the real threat. What we need to understand is how the powerful might use AI to control us -- and what we can do in response."

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:6565
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.