Agnostic.com

5 1

Jehovah’s Witnesses to resume in-person gatherings, door knocking still on hold

[religionnews.com]

xenoview 8 Mar 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Is it because of this?

So that means I must continue to wait before I annoy the crap out of those annoying mental defectives? Oh well ...

I got a hand written letter in the mail, from some local woman I had never met, with a watchtower tract in it. Somehow I found that a whole lot more annoying than having them banging at my door.

Deb57 Level 8 Mar 19, 2022

And when they do that, they don't have the cojones to put their actual addresses on the envelope--just the address of the church or whatever it is they call it. Still, when they did that here, I tore the whole thing up, stuffed it in an envelope, and sent it all back to them. In a way, as gratifying as slamming the door in their face.

@DharmaBum50 This poor woman didn't get that memo, apparently. She put her name and address all over the letter, and this is a small town, so it's verifiable. If I was a scammer looking for a gullible mark, she would be leading me straight to her own door.

Cheer up--they're still around. I got a call from one of them the other night inviting me to go to their website. He was distressed to find out that non-believers can return the favor.

So I guess I can put my door slamming on hold as well.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:656622
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.