Agnostic.com

6 6

Florida passes law requiring High school students to take and pass a finance literacy class. While i fully agree that teaching young people about money, i wonder..... how the fuck will Florida fuck this up?

Open SmartNews and read "Florida to require high school financial literacy class to graduate" here: [share.smartnews.com]
To read it on the web, tap here: [share.smartnews.com]

Beowulfsfriend 9 Mar 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Historically they announce a great program and then dont fund its implementation ... It fails .....

They still use checkbooks in Florida? Oh, wait . . .

I noticed that when I was there. In a few other states too. Cheque books are soooo outdated. I haven't used a Cheque book in about 22 yrs now. I've been doing EFT payments for about 15 years now, after first being hesitant. Other times just swipe and obtain your receipt. It's in any event recorded immediately on your bank account.

it just covers counting pocket change.

So many high hopes from a state that their governor has demonstrated over and over he probably hasn't even graduated from HS,

There's no indication that they plan to educate students about finance. This might be a way to prevent students from graduating, so they can be discriminated further later in life.

It remains to be seen, but there has to be a way they will screw it up somehow -guaranteed. First of all, any teacher who can afford to will probably move out of Florida, Texas, Idaho, and more.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:657142
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.