Agnostic.com

2 7

Makes you reflect

St-Sinner 9 Apr 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I wish international travel could be mandated as part of an education. Interacting with other cultures is far more ''educating'' than never leaving home.

Especially for the USA, but that is not likely to happen. Because, of course, all good Americans know that everywhere abroard, is peopled by America hating, communist, devil worshipers, who want to teach their children how to be gay prostitutes, and get them reading books. (Especially the reading books bit.)

Well they get some things right over there. ( That is called irony, incidentally. Which of course is another foreign thing, that you simply must not let your children, wives or servants, come into contact with. ) (Not including, 'husbands' in that list, is more irony. )

@Fernapple I'm going to hope you're being sarcastic, rather than judgmental.

@LucyLoohoo Of course. I am English, sarcastic is my second language. But then again, in every barrel of over ripe irony, there is a pearl of wisdom.

@LucyLoohoo
You are 100% right.

@St-Sinner Thanks! I had to wait until my later years to begin international travel....OH...if I'd only been able to begin sooner!

No, I think the only real value of money in that sense, is that, you can buy education, other than that it affect nothing. Though it is not that easy to buy good education, or that popular.

I respectfully disagree. ๐Ÿ™‚

Money buys SO MUCH more than an education. It buys experiences and things that enhance life immeasurably.

For example, I am passionate about international travel. The types of trips I do take buckets of money. Theyโ€™re often once-in-a-lifetime experiences that not only stay with me forever, but also bond my son and me and give us shared memories to last a lifetime.

We also do a lot of local activities that cost a bit of money (for example, live Broadway plays), and they similarly enhance life.

@Apunzelle True, but I would include travel and experiences as, "education". Perhaps the best sort. In fact, in many ways, thinking of education as being only, 'schooling' is part of the limited vision which it is highly desirable to avoid, and schooling in many ways exists only to supress education.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:659853
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.