Agnostic.com

4 1

LINK Baby-Eating Ants Use Espionage, Chemical Warfare To Score Free Rent

When I read this I thought of the Christian god and his baby killing ways. Does this mean it's just ingrained in some species to be heartless or does this point to a malevolent "being". Thoughts on this post?

ashortbeauty 8 Apr 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Have you read Three Worlds Collide on LessWrong?

No, but I'll add it to my list

It's what they do. Part of natural selection process. Like lions hunt their prey these find their food this way. Morals r not part of their life like how humans think morally.

Insects are like many other species--they're programmed by chemistry and ''heartlessness'' has no meaning in their world. Empathy and compassion aren't necessary for them. There's no waste in nature and evolution pivots on that point. (WOW! I never said it in quite that way before...it's true.)

Very well put ?

Nature, red in tooth and claw.

Anytime people are brainwashed away from reality and our nurturing species into theocratic patriarchal lies MORE EVIL FOLLOWS because zero alleged gawds stop believers from crimes

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:66028
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.