Agnostic.com

3 7

REPUBLICANS EYE NATIONWIDE 6-WEEKS ABORTION BAN

Dear Ladies: The Republicans want to own your uterus. And unless YOU stand up and raise some hell about it, they WILL succeed. I try to help all I can, but I don't have a uterus. So they won't pay much attention to me. DO something. Yell, scream, write, speak out.

[jezebel.com]

mischl 8 May 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I do, do something and give to abortion groups to provide abortions.

I'm a contributor and supporter of NOW, ACLU, and Planned Parenthood.

@mischl My primary direct contribution is to National Abortion Network [abortionfunds.org] Also, Planned Parenthood and Engenderhealth.

@JackPedigo Thank you, Jack. And gee whiz, I sure wish I had a lot more money to give to these organizations. But even though my dollars are limited, my words aren't. So, I'm writing every day.

@mischl We each do what we can. I also write and speak out.

How anyone can be surprised or angry about this is beyond me. The writing's been on the wall for 40 years. The real kicker is BOTH parties have gotten us here. The dems really did not believe there was a whole group of people in America that were seeking to destroy Democracy in America. By the time we allowed the courts to place Bush in office it was too late. Electing Obama was indeed a milestone but the dems failed to understand the depth of institutional racism and the core of what the republicans were/are really about.
The real enemy was and is people like newt gingrich and mitch mcconnell.

The sad thing is, MOST Republican women disagree with this stance. They might publicly SAY they agree, but privately they share the majority opinion among women that abortion should be legal.

How and WHY are women not willing to come together and REVOLT over the way they are treated under the law?

@mischl Because their religion tells them what to do. And they have an image to maintain.

@MsKathleen I'm glad to see that religion is slowly declining. But I fear not fast enough.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:664016
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.