Agnostic.com

1 6

LINK Supreme Court has voted to overturn abortion rights, draft opinion shows - POLITICO

I TOLD YOU
"Draft Opinion" Leaked
The Supreme Court has voted to strike down the landmark Roe v. Wade decision, according to an initial draft majority opinion written by Justice Samuel Alito circulated inside the court and obtained by POLITICO.

The draft opinion is a full-throated, unflinching repudiation of the 1973 decision which guaranteed federal constitutional protections of abortion rights and a subsequent 1992 decision – Planned Parenthood v. Casey – that largely maintained the right. “Roe was egregiously wrong from the start,” Alito writes.

“We hold that Roe and Casey must be overruled,” he writes in the document, labeled as the “Opinion of the Court.” “It is time to heed the Constitution and return the issue of abortion to the people’s elected representatives.”

HankHunter13 7 May 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

A lot of things aren't covered in the constitution. This draft, as it is, paves the way for more giant steps backward. It's very sad that our supreme court doesn't reflect the feelings of the actual majority of the citizens of the country. This is dangerous for women. Nobody wants to have an abortion, but the choice to have a safe legal one, instead a dangerous illegal one, which will happen, should be protected.

I know people are talking about gay marriage being next, and on and on. Anything related to privacy. But I'll bet Obamacare is next. Both being healthcare, that these Fascists don't think are "Rights".

They're already hearing cases related to the environment, the Clean Air Act or Clean Water Act. These Corporate Christians were installed to get the Rich even Richer. For the next 20 to 40 years.

We could see this ruling coming. But I hope this brings on a Blue Wave, or even Blue Tsunami, reaction to the courts sweeping action, in both the midterm, and the next presidential elections.

I just hope people remember how they feel now, 6 months from now. Most can't even remember the difference between 2020 with Trump, versus 2021 with Biden. They're blaming Biden for their kids missing school, or women at home, even losing their jobs.

One party took us down, one party got us back up. But their media, and cult leader, have them under a spell. Hopefully the Swing Voters in the suburbs, and Young people finally really Woke up. That this McConnell Supreme Court wants to take everything away.

Even more for the rich minority, and so much less for the rest of our majority.

We'll see. Or we can kiss it all Goodbye.

Including Our Environment.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:664043
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.