Agnostic.com

7 8

One weapons grade idiot recently said that I had not one shred of evidence of the non-existence of the Abrahamic god. I forbore to point out to him that he had not one shred of evidence for the non-existence of Zeus, the Flying Spaghetti Monster, Odin, the Committee of Little White Mice, the God of Akhenaten, the Mentor of Arisia, Quetzalcoatl, and Kali.

anglophone 9 May 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It is correctly said extreme ideas require extreme proof. Lack of counter evidence is not extreme proof but grasping at mythical straws.

Look around, he's not there or there or there or over there. Poof! Mind blown. He really doesn't exist.

Betty Level 8 May 13, 2022

They have a knack of turning logical argument on its head because they think they hold the trump card of proof of the existence of god by using Christian scripture as evidence. No matter what logic you try to use in an argument about evidence or lack of…the devout believer always cites the bible or quotes scripture as proof positive of the existence of god. It’s like flogging a dead horse so I just don’t go there anymore and leave them to their delusions.

Yes, I have seen that often where they claim that their claim of god is evidence of god. They leave me alone after I have annoyed the crap out of them on that particular logical fallacy.

The scriptures were written by men to service and benefit men. Why would I believe in the god of scriptures any more than I would believe in the monsters in a Stephen King novel?
Writers of fantasy and horror go back to the beginning of the written word.

Good for you. "Fire all of your guns at once and explode into space."

Why fulfill Abraham prophesy if theres not evidence for abraham god?

Abraham prophesy from his style God says people will give a lot, or great reference to the name of Abraham. So, as much as people keep fulfilling Abraham prophesy, why do they continue to fulfill Abraham prophesy if Abraham God doesn't exist?

Word Level 8 May 13, 2022

Yeah, they try that one, even here. They even question the validity of the obvious, that you don't have to prove a negative. Really I see it as a form of self medication; they feel better about their position by telling themselves that either their god can't be proven not to exist, or that their agnostic view is more valid because it's up to atheists to prove that God doesn't exist. All nonsense.

Well at least you forbore.

skado Level 9 May 12, 2022

...and pointlessly deigned!

@August1

🤣🤣🤣

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:666044
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.