Agnostic.com

2 1

A new science concerning money is coming to light. Money and spending are too often based on emotional issues. [msn.com]

JackPedigo 9 May 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Why do you think the right likes it so much? They understand how to use financial trauma, makes it easy to tell their base the "other" is coming for their meager share of the pie.

In the end it is everyone's ignorance of finances that is the real problem. My parents fought over money but neither of them had a clue.My dad made the money and he expected my mom (who got married at 16 and was still living at home) to run the household. The book titled "Your Money or Your Life" was an eye opener for me. Later, I got involved in the Voluntary Simplicity program from Seattle and still work things I have learned.

@JackPedigo My parents NEVER raised their voices when discussing or arguing family matters. Serious!! Dad knew money in his pocket would burn a hole right through it, so mom kept the finances. She did it well and instilled in us an ability to stay within a budget and shop for good deals. No impulse buying going on in that household 🤣🤣🤣. For all the carping I've done about that dysfunctional woman I did learn a lot, it made being on my own at 20 pretty much a piece of cake.

@silverotter11 The arguments were mostly around the holiday. We kids got most of what we wanted but there was little left in the bank. Thankfully, CC's were not around then.

Since Emotional issues are a deeper problems to handle than mental ones, this is probably true.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:667998
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.