Agnostic.com

1 0

Wise words from China. Stupid¹ Americans unlikely to heed them?

China exposes ‘master of bullying’ [rt.com]

So @Alienbeing et al, do you still claim that no one has the same opinions as myself?

Stupid ¹
[en.m.wikipedia.org]

These are Cipolla's five fundamental laws of stupidity:

1. Always and inevitably everyone underestimates the number of stupid individuals in circulation.
  2. The probability that a certain person (will) be stupid is independent of any other characteristic of that person.
  3. A stupid person is a person who causes losses to another person or to a group of persons while himself deriving no gain and even possibly incurring losses.
  4. Non-stupid people always underestimate the damaging power of stupid individuals. In particular non-stupid people constantly forget that at all times and places and under any circumstances to deal and/or associate with stupid people always turns out to be a costly mistake.
  5. A stupid person is the most dangerous type of person.

Corollary: a stupid person is more dangerous than a pillager.

FrayedBear 9 May 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Greed is the underlying cause of stupidity. Greed for power, control, wealth, and recognition will bring out the stupidity in the most educated of people.

Betty Level 8 May 27, 2022

Yes, Greed is probably the worst virtue there is, because poverty is the greatest killer. Envy is really horrible too.

@Castlepaloma Greed is NOT a virtue at all, in point of fact it is the exact opposite it is one of the seven cardinal vices.

The virtues are (1) humility, (2) charity, (3) chastity, (4) gratitude, (5) temperance, (6) patience, and (7) diligence.
The Vices are (1) pride, (2) envy, (3) anger, (4) acedia, (5) Greed, (6) gluttony, and (7) lust.

@LenHazell53

Greed is both a sin and a virtue because is a moral standard by definition. while many will argue. Some think greed is a high standard, where I think kindness is the opposite of greed.. kindness is more needed in this world rather than more religion or more politics.or more greed..

Greed a virtue? Despite its imperfections, Greed is the only consistent human motivation that produces preferable economic and social outcomes under most circumstances. Bernard Mandeville was the first person to attempt the upliftment of 'Greed' by suggesting that 'Private vices.

@Castlepaloma Yeah sure, whatever you say🙄

@Castlepaloma Generosity is the opposite of greed. Necessity is a consistent human motivation and greed does little for the economic and social outcomes.

It has been greed that lead to outsourcing manufacturing to take advantage of near slave labour and it has been greed that put into the hand of billionaires the majority of food production. Greed for power, control, and wealth has left many with job and food insecurity.

Greed is not and never has been a positive thing.

@Betty

Generosity is close to the same as kindness. As I said earlier Greed is about the worst virtue or sin I can imagine, so generally, agree. I just stated some think greed is good, It just too many get delusion and go along with a chess game heirarchy system, especially now con by the superficial rich in medicine, food and housing. Which I'm in the healthy service side of business and alway opposing the disservice ugly parts

@Castlepaloma I agree, kindness is an essential component of generosity. If you look in the dictionary, virtue is of high moral standard and greed doesn't apply.

@Betty

Greed is at the bottom of the moral standards. Below the fungus, underneath the slime then sunken in with the scum parasites

@Castlepaloma I couldn't agree more. 🙂

@Betty

Since Satan believes in God, it's a concept he could be saved. Not for the greedy bastards where money is the root of all evil. They will be torture by demonic monkeys shoved up their butts under Hitler's direction ever.

It's delusional, yet it helps me to cope.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:668421
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.