Agnostic.com

2 4

LINK Wabi-sabi

A Japanese philosophy, seems relevant in the current state of our world.

MizJ 8 May 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Mixing wasabi with soy sauce is known as wasabi joyu, an amalgamation of the words wasabi and shoyu the Japanese word for soy sauce. According to Sushi Sasaya Korin, wasabi joyu is a violation of etiquette not only when it comes to sushi but all Japanese food in general as the two should always be enjoyed separately.

I prefer it mixed.

If the chef uses the right amount of wasabi just a touch of soy sauce is all that is needed. I learned the hard way about etiquette of sake, if you don't flip the cup over they keep refilling it and expect you to drink it. My Japanese customers were delighted to get me really drunk. We had some wonderful regulars, one was an executive that I took to rock and roll bars a couple of times for live music. I managed to get him to safety when the crowd started slam dancing.

Ichi-go ichi-e and easy on the wasabi.

I just looked that one up, seems like Japanese mindfulness.

Many years ago I used to mix the wasabi at a sushi bar, when fresh it almost burns your skin. Interesting job as I was the only one not from Japan.

@MizJ I like to think of it as "each moment once".

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:668527
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.