Agnostic.com

5 9

A perfect day today in the best town in America. 😁

skado 9 May 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Hey, come visit the most imperfect town filled with zealots and crazy people!

For the record, this was not an invitation.

You had clearer skies in Huntsville than we had here in Hawaii today!

Pretty. No humidity?

Wasn’t bad today.

Where is it?

[waff.com]

@skado

Alabama? Forget it.

I couldn't stand living in the South. Racist, ignorant, backwards and proud of it.

@LiterateHiker

Forget what?

@LiterateHiker

Racist, ignorant, backwards, and proud of it?

You mean like believing negative stereotypes about an entire class of people, most of whom you’ve never met, because of some things you’ve heard about some individuals in that group… and then volunteering to perpetuate those prejudices publicly without regard for the feelings or wellbeing of the human beings it might injure, so you can feel superior?

That kind of racism…
and ignorance…
and backwardness…
and pride?

@skado I live in the south and she is 1,000% spot on.

@Secretguy
I won’t argue with your self-assessment.

@skado

I flew to Georgia for my sister's wedding. Driving, I laughed at multiple misspelled signs until Lynne told me to shut up.

A huge Confederate flag covered the entire wall of the restaurant where we had lunch. I asked wait staff if the Confederate flag offended them like it did me. "The Confederate flag is a symbol of racism plain and simple," the black waiter replied.

At the wedding reception, men rushed their wives out of the kitchen away from me. "You husband cooks?" the women marveled.

At the reception, I have never seen so many drunken, ignorant, racist backwards, and proud of it people in my life.

I counted 25 broken down cars and trucks in Lynne and Mitch's front yard. We were not raised like that. I left exhausted after laboring to make the house look nice for the reception.

@skado

Personal insults are against Agnostic.com guidelines.

Southern states have higher poverty, school dropouts, infant mortality, maternal deaths, etc. Conservative politicians are banning abortions, refusing Medicaid, and more. It's sad and horrifying.

@LiterateHiker
Now that you’re familiar with the guidelines, maybe you’ll consider following them.
Please try to confine your personal feelings about other people’s misfortunes to posts that address those issues. Thanks.

This post is about nice weather in a beautiful place - not an invitation for others to visit, or to insult the poster with their xenophobic pronouncements about people they haven’t met.

Where would that be??

[waff.com]

@skado Does look like a nice place.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:668759
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.