Agnostic.com

4 8

LINK What an AR-15 Does to a Child's Body: A Surgeon's View

"The number-one cause of death in children between the ages of 1 and 19 is gun violence."

Guns aren't the problem.
Children being between the ages of 1 to 19 is obviously the problem.

TheMiddleWay 8 June 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The NRA does not want you to know what a bullet does to a person or a child because if you did you would run them out of the country in about two seconds.
Check this out and remember the size differential: [google.com]

Just seeing what a bullet does to ballistic gel, when a bullet tears a rupture through it, would be enough for sane people, these gun nuts should have to attend an autopsy as part of their license requirement.

I like the idea of having them view an autopsy of a shooting victim!

@silverotter11 They do it for DUIs in some areas.

I first became aware of some of this when reading a book on Columbine years ago, in which they provided details of the devastating and life-long injuries of some of the "lucky" survivors, but I hadn't considered the PTSD suffered by the physicians involved. Yet more victims of our savagery.

It was mentioned in another thread yesterday what a mistake it has been to hide the crime scene photos of these shootings and I agree: just reading or hearing about the massive destruction isn't enough for some people. Clearly they need to see it in all it's gory detail or they just don't get it. I understand several families of the Uvalde shooting victims are opting to have open caskets specifically so people will see what these weapons do to a human body. I hope they're published in the media.

A while ago, don't remember which mass shooting it was, my one republican friend on FB shared a post that opened with something like, how stupid people were to be so upset about ar15's /ak47s, etc. Seems the woman's son likes to target practice and she showed one of his paper targets with the holes from a high powered rifle. Wee bitty things.
Of course I fuckin' lost it - I did not trash my computer screen - but what I posted in reply was an accurate account from a surgeon on the damage these rifles cause plus a photo of a much larger exit wound. I ended my reply with before you call others stupid . . . .watch where the finger points.
Course not one word from my FB friend. 😩

Actually three fingers pointing back. Items like this was posted by surgeons even before this latest shooting. People either don't care or are not paying attention.

@JackPedigo That's the issue, the folks in love with their 2nd Amendment right refuse to look at the part about a well regulated militia or the actual damage the rifles cause. Wee bitty holes in a target paper. They should be made to practice on a gel dummy. Oh, what the hell preaching to the choir.
I think the newsmax reporter's comment at the end of Mathew McConaughey WH presentation pretty much sums up the right wing's ideals and thoughts on the issue of killing children with high powered rifles.
I felt that was the most heartless, disgusting and eye opening thing I've heard to date from the right wing media. BUT, I'm sure someone from that camp will go hold my beer in the future.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:670351
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.