Agnostic.com

5 1

Bernie Sanders 2020

Does anyone think Bernie will run again?

Vquest 3 Apr 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Our form of government is outdated, broken beyond repair, and must be burnt down. What happens after a major forest fire ? The USA government is the worlds largest Terrorist organization; so it must be ENDED. True Radical Change ONLY comes from Death and Destruction. If you want more of the same, the status quo; by all means vote for Bernie Sanders, or just vote period. Nothing will change but the names of the politicos. What defines the term "stupidity" ? Expecting different results from the same old worn out process. I think Bernie is a decent man, but he has lost all his perspective; if he hadn't he would know that bringing our government down is the Only Answer for true Radical Change. Everyone knows that one can not build a lasting solid foundation of Peace Love and Acceptance upon a country and government founded upon Lies Lies and Lies.

EvoQ Level 4 Apr 26, 2018

It's the nature of a politician to lie anymore but even folks that detest Bernies policies have openly admitted that he is quite an honest person. I don't think some internal war is necessary to make great changes but considering how divided folks have become and the bombardment of people willfully entrenching themselves in fake sources as some sort of pacifier... It may get that way but it's hard to say. The concept of the internet and fast travel of fake and real news alike is a relatively new thing and we still don't know the far reaching consequences of such.

I agree with everything you say about today's government but I don't agree with the means with which to fix it. I think Warren destruction would just get them to impose martial law and would not back social progress decades if not centuries. I feel the only way would be an organized movement with millions of people and what candidates rising from that movement. I'm talking social political movement such as the Civil Rights Movement, the women's suffrage movement, the organized labor movement and the LGBT movement. Once we get a moving strong enough we can men vote out the corrupt and replace them with leaders that would tackle some of the main issues such as campaign Finance reform. The environment abolishing the Federal Reserve doing away with gerrymandering the Electoral College raising the minimum wage to a living wage and of course making billionaires and corporations pay their fair share in taxes

@Vquest I study human behavior and have put much thought into this issue. IMHO this current Homo Sapiens Sapiens are doomed to depend upon Violence way too much. As a last resort bomb them, drone bomb them, lock them up, Spy om them, etc. etc.....Sadly there's no pulling back from this. Humans with Power Never Ever willingly give it up. It must be stripped from them and Taken by others. Which in of itself is relying upon Violence to bring about positive change. This very act is doomed. Look back to the 1960s the Peace Love Hippy Movement. This huge segment of society tried and tried to bring about positive radical true Change and sadly They Failed Miserably. In fact the leadership of the Peace Love movement either were Assassinated or Sold out. If that huge movement with several inhumanly Prophetical leaders could not bring about change then what does that say about the world ? Yes sadly this current crop of Homo Sapiens Sapiens is doomed. The Human race needs to hang on long enough to when the next group of Homo Sapiens Evolvus is born a new. Until then hopefully we won't become extinct but imho that is definitely in question. The only way to bring about True Radical Change is through Death and Destruction. Research it for examples. Change ONLY comes from Death. sadly that's a Fact that we reuse to admit. Until then all is not lost. Take a long hard look in the mirror. Is that person looking back at you totally satisfied with their impact on our Space Ship Mother Earth ? if not then destroy your previous self and rebirth yourself into the person that lives a self sustaining daily lifestyle. But it won't occur overnight. I have these last 5 years been on a quest to become all that I can Become. I realize that I can no longer live or interact in this sick corrupted to the core world system. it takes time to cut the many many enslaving chains that society has hold upon you. One can't just walk away into a new bright future. Until we as Human Beings realize that our "Way of Life" is very very Unhealthy, Is crazily Unsustainable, and insanely Inefficient........we are doomed to keep repeating the mistakes of the past 3,000 years. Each of us are very delusional we lie to ourselves dozens if not hundred of times each day. That Delusion propelled us humans out of the safe secure trees down onto the flat scary land. I always state that the Best Gift you can Give yourself ; is to Re-Program Yourself. To not let your DNA or generational encoding determine who you really turn out to be. Re-Program your mind; Be that Person You truly Want to Become.

Yes please

A little too old...don't you think?

Nope, not at all.

@Vquest Hes is 76 y/o,,,,too old to be president.

As much as I love Bernie I think he's getting to be a bit too old. However I am glad that the man ran for office, he's done well to inspire so many younger folks to become more active in politics at the local level. Several people that worked on his campaign here in Las Vegas are now running for various positions. Most of these people had little to no interest in politics beforehand. Now I would like to see Bernie find a similar and younger successor for this next presidential election.

I actually think he's in better shape than most Candidates. As for everything else you said I wholeheartedly agree

I agree, but we need Bernie's personality to set it off

@Vquest isn't that the sad truth!? Oh no doubt he's probably in better shape than I too. Of course a good point to be made, even if he died in office I am confident he would have an excellent cabinet and VP selection to continue his ideas and legacy. Putting more thought into that... Let's do it!

I don't understand why everyone says Bernie is too old then turns around and says he should appoint a successor. If he dies in office he dies. His vice president would be his successor anyway sorry no offense but it makes no sense when people say he's too old. We need him there he's the cult of personality we need just like you said he inspires

No. His was a protest candidacy, meant to fire up the left. Yes, he got caught up in the moment ..but eventually settled back to earth.. And, he wouldn’t have the help of Russia, releasing the inside communications of his main opponent…

Varn Level 8 Apr 26, 2018

I don't think he's out yet. Plus Wasserman Schultz and Clinton are out of his way now

@Vquest There’s also such a thing as too old…

@Varn oh come on Man. Don't give up now. He's the only credible choice. Who cares how old he is.

@Varn Who the hell else can stir up America to do it! Any ideas. I'm listening?

@Vquest He stirred up the easiest to agitate segment of progressive society.. Kinda like Eugene McCarthy, George McGovern, Ted Kennedy, Howard Dean, Dennis Kucinich, Ralph Nader and Bernard Sanders … a list of the same going back decades.. I suspect the Republicans love it, the Russians too! They know they’d be toast in the general election…

There’s such an unchecked far-wrong US Propaganda Machine looking to target any potential Democratic candidate that the smartest thing to do is keep them to ourselves! They all but assassinated the woman who should be president ...and are without a doubt targeting as we speak..

Bernie, Biden ..even they know they’re too old. Just because America’s in need of progress doesn't mean they’re ready for it … even though we are 😟

@Varn I think Bernie is the only feasible choice. Hillary is a typical Conservative masquerading as a something else

@Vquest Hillary would have been one of our finest presidents… Intelligent, studious, strong, progressive & practical.. And, she’d have had the best president of my lifetime at her side ~ Bernie was a flash in the pan, and he knows it.

@Varn The Clintons made 112 million from paid speeches for Billionaires like Goldman & Sachs plus Hubby Bill signed the Telecommunications Act. That Bill basically signed over our Free Press to just six Media Corporations. Reviving Yellow Journalism. Don't agree with you about the Clintons. Never will. Plus Bernie holds the record for turnout at a Political Rally. Flash in the Pan ...No way.

@Vquest I think the difference here is that one of us gives the latitude necessary to make decisions and trusts there’s a deeper ‘deal’ and a ‘greater good’ coming from those decisions. The other is looking for political purity.

The Clintons have governed, both a State, and the Nation. Their decisions were monumental, if for the greater good. Sanders, lacking the ..guts or gumption to join a party, was ..a mayor? And remains the senator of perhaps the only state willing to elect someone that far to the left. His record can be pure,er - as his reelection was/ is safe.

I’ve trusted the Clintons, and they’ve proven themselves worthy of that trust. Those incapable of seeing the larger picture are the problem; as long as our States remain united, it takes more than a political purist to win. Seems little attention was paid to my long list of purists above … and if drilling into the Clinton’s is all you’ve got ..my mind’s not changing, either ~

@Varn FDR was a purist and he was the best we ever have. You're not going to draw me into an argument with your passive aggressive, hypothetical accusations. You're the one taking stabs at Bernie. I'm only stating facts about yours. As far as you going with the greater good you say. The Clintons are nothing but sell out millionaire stooges to the Super-Rich, Closet Neo Conservatives masquerading as the people's candidates. Just how Hillary votes on major issues and what about her off-shore tax havens...How are they for the greater good SMH. Bernie's a startup you say? Hes been an activist and Politician for decades and still hasn't been bought or corrupted. Damn straight ill go with Political Purity...everytime. So if you haven't realized by now that following the Status Quo isn't getting us anywhere..well..

@Varn I think your the one who doesn't see the larger picture. Let alone the Forest through the Trees

@Varn Sanders has no guts or gumption you say? Bernie has alot of Guts and Gumption by not joining either party because he knows they're corrupted. Takes way more guts to walk your own path...Especially in Polotics and thats the kind of leader we need for positive change. You're ship is sinking fast dude ...And where do get that our States are United lol??

@Vquest Couldn’t help thinking about you today ..while installing irrigation hose 🙂 I’ve mentioned political purity, and feel that’s at the crux of the Bernie fans. But I also envision you seeking a Political Messiah. And just like in the real world, there’s no such thing…

Trump supporters thought they’d found one… And I well remember a young Senator from Illinois, charismatic & new, prettymuch preaching ‘Hope.’ And, there’s a long list of others … no doubt having filled numerous college stadiums with the lathered-up youth of their era…

Practical is rarely sexy, or trendy. In fact, like ones parents, it’s often an easy target.. And with politicians, they’ll all tell you what ‘they’re going to do’ … what they fail to tell you is the help they’ll need doing it. Take Obama, “I’m disappointed with Obama” I’d hear … well, I’m pretty sure Obama was disappointed with all who sat on their hands as Congress was voted away after his first two years…

Suppose Bernie had somehow become President.. This Republican Congress working with him any more than they did with Obama? ...as the once fired-up progressive minions became ‘disappointed with Sanders’...

As for realistically becoming President of these ‘United States’ … which of the following would you say was the best President: Eugene McCarthy, George McGovern, Ted Kennedy, Howard Dean, Dennis Kucinich, Ralph Nader or Bernard Sanders..? This is no longer about ‘the Clintons,’ it’s about an unrealistic mindset and the desire for a political purity that’s never existed.

@Varn How could you not list F.D.R. as a choice for the best President? He was a purists.He was also the most popular Prez in US history so you're wrong on your political purity point and purity not working in politics It's not my fault you've given up and have accepted ineffective compromise. You say the youth are lathered up. Looks to me like you've greased up. There you happy? You got your reaction. Now buzz off you passive Aggressive Ankle Biter

@Vquest You’ve verified my points.. When one’s reduced to flustered name-calling ..they’ve lost

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:67059
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.