Agnostic.com

1 2

It appeared , I listened to it, smiled & just had to share it.

That whispering grass! Don Estelle & Windsor Davies & a time before wokes.

FrayedBear 9 June 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Classic, two British sitcom greats

sadly "aint aint 'alf hot mum" is never repeated these days... too "problematic"

Indeed -pre woke - a time when a spade was called a shovel & used to colloquially be friendly to West Indians who never wore badges proclaiming their island of origin & so were collectively called Spades because the most common thing was the spade used to shovel black coal.
Your resources may reveal other reasons for the term Len but who can ever forget the black shovel skit. Sadly couldn't find it but enjoyed this one:

@FrayedBear Ripping Yarn was a collection of wonderfully absurd stories
Curse of the claw
Tomkinson's school days
and of course
The Eric Olthwaite gang

@LenHazell53 in a class with my oft quotes on "t'life living in t'gutter in a soggy shoebox". I'd forgotten how the rain slashes down until recently watching a couple of UK shows including the one above.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:671271
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.